mtbr member

video camera stabilization

i have my camera mounted on my bike handle bars and i get a pretty shaky video. what do they have for stabilization out there? i have a one of those flexible tripods that just wraps around the handle bars. and the camera just screws into it.

mtbr member
    i have a kodak ZX5 Sport.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    When you mount to the handle bars, you will always get a shaky camera view due to your front suspension moving and the general physics of the bike. try mounting the camera to your body somewhere. That will give you the best camera stability. also you could try doing something like a bungee system that will independently stabilize your camera

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven92 View Post
    When you mount to the handle bars, you will always get a shaky camera view due to your front suspension moving and the general physics of the bike. try mounting the camera to your body somewhere. That will give you the best camera stability. also you could try doing something like a bungee system that will independently stabilize your camera
    There is a thread in the "video and pov" forum that counters that although I prefer head or chest mounting myself

If you've got a rock solid mount to the bars and front suspension you should have ok video. I suspect your mount (gorilla pod???) is not firm enough.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iggs View Post
    There is a thread in the "video and pov" forum that counters that although I prefer head or chest mounting myself

If you've got a rock solid mount to the bars and front suspension you should have ok video. I suspect your mount (gorilla pod???) is not firm enough.
    nope i actually got a different model flex tripod. it is way more stable than the gorrilla pod. ill try a body mount. see if i can find a good spot for it. i might have to eventually get it rigged on a helmet. but i cant afford the mount for something like that right now.