Thread: Time lapse.

This place needs an enema

Time lapse.

I've been off the bike for about a month due to a silly slow speed crash.

Spent the first few weeks just catching up on everything that needed it. Which was a lot.

But then last week I joined some friends in SW Utah. We were s'posed to be riding. I couldn't, so while they did I took the dog and a pile of photo gear (2 bodies, 3 lenses, 2 tripods, 2 intervalometers, and even a GoPro) and went looking for shots.

Here's the essence of what I got.

8359 shots included in this clip.

Really windy while shooting, thus many of the sequences show movement of the body on the tripod. Even pitched low (a few inches off the ground) wasn't enough to completely eliminate this.

Fun to fiddle with something new. I typically run and shoot, shoot and run, but the past few weeks have forced me to change it up a bit. Lots more forethought involved in this sort of thing, and lots more at stake when you screw up.

Enjoy,

MC

bi-winning
    Very nice.

I hope your injuries heal up nicely.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    I loved it! I'm just new to the DSLR world. I bought a T2i, 50mm F1.8 a fluid head tripod and just installed Magic Lantern (which is earth shattering!).

Just dabbling with time lapse today actually, and learning how to "drag shutter" and such. TONs to learn...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/quikcolin

Kathleen in AZ
    cool stuff Mike! I just broke my wrist so expect to do similar things with my upcoming time off the bike. Thankfully it's the left wrist and the T3i is pretty light.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    cool stuff Mike! I just broke my wrist so expect to do similar things with my upcoming time off the bike. Thankfully it's the left wrist and the T3i is pretty light.
    Sorry to hear that K. I dinged my right elbow and my 7d ain't light enough...

...but I managed to get it onto the tripod with my left hand, hence this thread.

Show us what ya got when ya can.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    I loved it! I'm just new to the DSLR world. I bought a T2i, 50mm F1.8 a fluid head tripod and just installed Magic Lantern (which is earth shattering!).

Just dabbling with time lapse today actually, and learning how to "drag shutter" and such. TONs to learn...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I have the same setup(recent purchase) and was looking at Magic Lantern ... is it really that big of an upgrade?

To th O.P. Thats awesome ... I love how you pan during the Time lapse as most that I see are static.
    Soil Taste Tester