Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hot damn there are some good shots on here.

mtbr member
    Lax30 shots are wicked, and the best part about these photos is that they make the scenery look fake. Bad ass!
    Last edited by Mstate060; 08-29-2012 at 11:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Look at the time!
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstate060 View Post
    Lax30 shots are wicked, and the best part about these photos is that they make the scenery look fake. Bad ass!
    Thanks man, ill add a few more to the mix
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    After digging, we decided to mess around a little...

Last edited by Naturally Aspirated; 10-08-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    None of you Nikon shooters using rear curtain flash or high speed sync?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Strobist Cross ok?

Shot a twilight cross race a month or so ago. Had a voice activated lightstand holding an Einstien w beauty dish, also had a Yongnou flash on a stand opposite. Shooting w a 7D and a range of lenses.

also did a portrait session immediately following. was hoping for more mud and exhaustion but i was able to 'coax' them to put on the 100yd stare for me.

all of it is over here: 2012 Fitworks Muddy Wheels Cross Race - Photography by Don Ricker

cheers,
    Don

Kathleen in AZ
    I finally tried some off-camera flash in the bright sun and it really did help to bring out facial and other features that would have been lost in shadows. Snaps were taken with my 5D3, 24-105 f/4L lens, 430EX II, and remote Vello triggers; flash was on a tripod and camera was hand held. Some pics are the sharpest, but were included because I liked the lighting. Thanks for looking Pump track is a GREAT place to practice this type of photography because they just keep rolling round and round and round...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by easterntide View Post
    Shot a twilight cross race a month or so ago.

cheers,
    Don
    Amazing portrait shots, what setup and lens did you use for this? I love the detail. .

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Shots

Thanks for the props.
    2 Einstein lights w remote buff triggers. Each had a beauty dish and diffuser and set for f8 at iso 100.
    Shot w a canon 24-70 f2.8. Fun personal project.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-dsc_3439.jpg
    Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-dsc_3280.jpg

I'm just getting started with off camera flash. Working with a cheap Chinese speedlite and a remote trigger set. But I'm happy with the results so far.

Mostly what I'm trying to accomplish is getting some light under the rider's visor, preferably from an off angle, and hopefully from a spot close enough to the trail that the flash will be hot enough to stop the action. It takes me 3 or 4 or a dozen test shots to get a spot set up but I'm guessing I'll get better at that part.

industry employee
    Friday 'Happy Hour' on Lower Whoops Trail, Bend, Oregon
    Alien Bees 800 strobe to my right and back a few feet
    Canon 5DM3 1/200 sec at f/3.5, ISO 320
    rider: unknown

Attachment 798680
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-whoop4web-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm new to photography in general, started 6 months ago, just picked up a strobe setup pretty cheap a week ago. Finally got to use it over the weekend, this was one of the better ones out of the bunch.
    Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-3.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice. Its very natural looking.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nice shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdemo76 View Post
    I'm new to photography in general, started 6 months ago, just picked up a strobe setup pretty cheap a week ago. Finally got to use it over the weekend, this was one of the better ones out of the bunch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	807546

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Here's a photo from my most recent adventure, it's a star trail with 60 photos of the night sky, superimposed into one, to create the trail the stars make.
    Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-1001276_10152038734469903_292065526_n.jpg

First are the 60 photos, then I had to take a last shot strobing my external flash onto the Jeep.

EDIT: Crap, I just realized this has nothing to do with MTB...only external flash.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Had some good luck with the flashes this weekend. I'm using two in these shots. One is located on left of frame firing across the scene at about 2 foot hight. The other is over my right shoulder about 9 feet off the ground firing down onto the scene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-_dsc9005-101.jpg  

Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-_dsc8963-61.jpg  

Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-_dsc9011-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Majura Pines RIP

(for all those in OZ), This shot was taken in a great gully jump at Majura Pines. It's now a road construction site.

I used two off camera Nikon SB-26s using the in-built slave setting on manual power output, triggeedr by the on camera flash) some sort pentax I borrowed from my friend in the pic). The exposure was about 1/15 second, aperture any guess!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-andrew_01.jpg  

Last edited by jmpg; 02-10-2014 at 06:26 PM.

mtbr member
    This was my first time using the flash off the camera via transmitters. I was really fighting the flash because I forget to put new batteries in the flash! Doh! Camera: Canon 70d Lens: 16-35 2.8L Flash: 600ex

Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-updatedfarmlowq.jpg

This one is of my girlfriend shredding a turn in Sandy Ridge, Oregon. Camera: Canon 70d Lens: 16-35 2.8L Flash: 600ex

Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-lowq-2.jpg
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Strobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-20140216-_dsc9246.jpgStrobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-20140216-_dsc9225.jpgStrobist Gallery- let's see your external flash MTB shots-20140216-_dsc9132.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3