Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Self action shots - camera's with wireless remote burst shot ability? HALP!

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  FMCurto 
#1 · (Edited)
Basically im wondering if there is a camera that has wireless remote shutter ability that will trigger burst shots or continuous shot mode for a certain length of time.

I'd love it if it didn't break the bank (older model years great) Any help would greatly be appreciated.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I have the Phottix Aion (about $100) and it does what it sounds like you want. It can trigger shots down to 0.1 second intervals, indefinitely. Works pretty well with my Canon 7D but it's not *quite* the same as manually shooting a continuous burst; it skips a beat every once in a while at that rate.

FYI, to get that burst rate I use the Aion's "interval" mode, not the (kinda lame, IMO) "continuous" mode.

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition...it will do 30 frames/1 second bursts, or 1 second intervals indefinitely, or super high res video that you can pull stills from...comes with a wifi remote.

#7 ·
Just ordered this wireless remote shutter from amazon for $30, not sure how well it works. Also, unsure how to use it while riding past camera...
But says it has continuous shooting available. Which is the main reason I chose this one as I plan to use this to photograph some of the races this year.

Amazon.com: Aputure Pro Coworker Wireless Remote, RF Radio Shutter Release for Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5i, SL1, Powershot G10, G11, G12, G1X, Replaces Canon RS 60-E3: Camera & Photo

Actually I'll probably just take the camera and tripod, set it up aiming at the trail I plan to ride past and use the video mode. I can get stills from that! A lot of stuff to carry on the bike, but if I'm out to take pictures, I'm not out for a workout ride anyway! Which also means I can take it easier and lessen the chances of me crashing.

#8 ·
Probably not for a beginner, but most Canon EOS cameras can take advantage of Magic Lantern, an open source firmware that includes motion-detect functionality.

I have not tried it with a bike yet, but I was quite impressed with how well the motion sensing worked.

In fact the whole thing is quite impressive, a must-have software that opens up all kinds of usefull functionality (including intervalometer, bulb ramping, etc.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.