dw22107
    Jan 2008

Pictures survive will the DSLR?

Went for a great ride. Swim was premature though, slipped and fell in the river taking a photo. Fished the camera out of 5 feet of water. Pulled card out, lens out and battery out right away. attached are pictures. Will try the camera tommorrow. Granite, wet rocks, a wet log and cycling shoes. Should have known better. DW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures survive will the DSLR?-091812-104.jpg  

Pictures survive will the DSLR?-091812-136.jpg  

Pictures survive will the DSLR?-091812-141.jpg  

Pictures survive will the DSLR?-091812-146.jpg  

Natural Born Killer
    Great pictures! Good luck with the camera. My father-in-law did that with a nearly new camera in saltwater when on vacation a couple years ago. The results weren't pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrufryder View Post
    Silly rabbit Jack Daniel drinking donkey kissing caterpiller

Kathleen in AZ
    I nearly took an unintentional dip in the pool last night while taking photos of the crescent moon in the backyard. Whoa! I'm usually pretty hard on equipment and have had a few reminders lately (scratched lens, scratched polarizer, crushed lens cap - all separate incidents) that I should be more careful with my expensive equimpent. Hope your camera is ok!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    That really sucks! Best thing to do with water damaged electronics is to put them in a sealed container with rice, it will absorb all the moisture.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I always fear to brake my DSLR during crash, so it sits at home and phone takes its place. That's why my mtb photos are horrible