middle ring single track

Photobucket effed up

Anybody else who uses Photobucket having problems?

I have a paid-for upgrade account and can't get any answers from them.

It looks like they stopped my subscription so they can force me to buy a more expensive one.

Well on my way to using a different service to store my photos.
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

Merendon Junkie
    They resized all of the images I had stored with them. I stopped using it after that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think if you use a service like flikr or photobucket or others you better be prepared for changes to their service or them charging for it.
    I use flikr but I also keep copies of my digital images.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I didn't log into Photobucket for a little while, like all of last year maybe, and when I logged in earlier this year it was super slow. Still is, real laggy and doing anything takes a lot of time. Seems like they're running out of server storage or computing space and that's probably why they're pushing for paid accounts. That's the only problem I noticed though. I have a paid account, I wanted the storage before. As a hosting site, they work fine for me I guess. I don't want to muddy up my Flickr site so I'll probably continue to use them.

occ member
    I hate Pee-bucket, but I use it since imgur doesn't work here.

Hoping someone knows of a better free image hosting site.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    Anybody else who uses Photobucket having problems?

I have a paid-for upgrade account and can't get any answers from them.

It looks like they stopped my subscription so they can force me to buy a more expensive one.

Well on my way to using a different service to store my photos.
    Moe Ped, G'day.

I fully appreciate your frustration with Photobucket. When I had premium membership with PB, I was happy with how my images were stored. I wasn't close to using the premium storage allocation allotted, (I was only at about 3% storage with 2000+ images). This year I haven't renewed my premium membership, and now my images have been dumbed down by Photobucket.

Here is an example. The image is of the wooden cycle path below the trees at Wolgonga Inlet, on the South Coast of New South Wales in Oz, on the Great South Coast Track. The light on the water originally had smooth and subtle values, when I uploaded it. It is now a roughly pixel abortion of the original. As for the wooden cycle path, it is now almost invisible, rendered non existent. All of my images have been dumbed down.

This is how the shot now appears on Photobucket ... hvhghdfdxg_zps0c9dda53.jpg Photo by WildWassa | Photobucket

I know Photobucket are dumbing down the quality, because I've posted images on DeviantArt and they remain exactly the way that I posted them.

I'm thinking about where to go next. If you have future ideas, please let me know.

Warren.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    here is the latest review I could find for sharing sites: The 10 Best Online Photo Storage and Sharing Sites of 2017

I would go with the assumption that things will change up to and including it will go away.

I liked facebook for sharing photos and adventures but it became a sewer of political and emotional trauma and drama so I quit it.

mtbr member
    I have been abandoning Photobucket. Actually moving a lot of my photos to pinkbike.com (mainly because pinkbike forums don't allow photo hotlinking to various sites anymore).