Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Photo Assignment: Desktop Background

7K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  johnybutts 
#1 ·
Ok guys, here is your task. What are your best desktop background photos? I'm looking for stuff that anyone who loves mountain biking can enjoy. It should be somewhat vague but also convey the spirit of mountain biking. I'm thinking nature, a gnarly section of singletrack, artistic riding shots. Here are my current ones. (iPhone 3GS)

Nature Organism Natural environment Terrestrial animal Adaptation

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

So, let's fill up our work days in the office with some good art of what we would rather be doing!

See less See more
#8 ·
I have a few iPhone & old Nikon point-n-shoot images I have in my screen saver folder:

Blinglespeed ~y~ Sandias

ABQ Trailhead Sunset

ABQ Sunset Trail Ride

My Trees

Moonrise Trail Ride

ABQ Monsoon (taken from the N. Foothills Trail on a ride one evening)

A little lagniappe - where my bikes live:

Backyard Winter

Mi Casa
]

#15 ·
This are pictures from few rides in my hometown Konavle (Croatia), this is PURE mediterranean, I hope you'll like it! :D:thumbsup:

This is city Dubrovnik in the distance!

Crossing the river Ljuta in the fields.

Beautifull view on the amazing Adriatic sea!

Behind us is Adriatic sea, in the middle is Konavle fields and across is Snježnica mountain.

River Ljuta

Single track

#17 ·
This are pictures from few rides in my hometown Konavle (Croatia), this is PURE mediterranean, I hope you'll like it! :D:thumbsup:

This is city Dubrovnik in the distance!

Crossing the river Ljuta in the fields.

Beautifull view on the amazing Adriatic sea!

Behind us is Adriatic sea, in the middle is Konavle fields and across is Snježnica mountain.

River Ljuta

Single track
That's beautiful

#19 ·
This one is not an action shot or anything, but I just love it. Often set it as my background:

Here's the link, if someone wants a larger version:
What a sky | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And this one is my favorite summertime background - since it shows one of the best places to ride, and helps me forget the heat :)

Link again, in case anyone wants a larger version: Sedona Snow | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#21 ·
Here is a pic I snapped of a chickenhawk on my way to work. Thought I had snapped it when it was sitting down but I guess it took off right as a snapped it so got this amazing shot of it.

Not easy to get these pics from a P&S from a vehicle as they tend to fly off if you stop by them.

Nature Blue Sky Daytime Bird

I made this my background pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.