saddlemeat

Peep hole photo thread

... err, pinhole, I mean. I've been shooting with a pinhole body cap on my D5000 for a little variety, it's a good way to deal with cabin fever and harsh bright winter light. The pinhole aperture is f125, and I find with the dslr I can quickly home in on the right shutter speed (like 2-20 seconds) by observing the lcd display. A tripod is an asset of course but in the bright snowy woods I can handhold against a tree and get decent results. I'm using a pinhole body cap for my dx format camera that I purchased from LenoxLaser.com.

Here are a few examples...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peep hole photo thread-ph-aspens-copy.jpg  

Peep hole photo thread-pinhole1.jpg  

Peep hole photo thread-pinhole2.jpg  

Peep hole photo thread-winterwoods.jpg  

Peep hole photo thread-pinsunst.jpg  

A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

Candlestick Maker
    Cool! I've been using a Wanderlust Pinwide on my Olympus E-PM1. I've taken quite a few riding shots, but haven't gotten anything I really like yet. Given the aperture, flare in the sun, and the different perspective, I find it challenging (in a good way). From the shots I've taken, I tend to like the ones that show off the infinite depth of field, with something in the foreground and background.

Here are a few non-riding shots that I've been vaguely happy with...

I'm bigger than you, and don't forget it! by bbaker22, on Flickr

Frosty by bbaker22, on Flickr
    baker

Candlestick Maker
    Still trying to capture some good pinhole riding shots. I think I need to bring a regular tripod (not a gorillapod) to get a higher perspective, which will help eliminate some of the foreground distractions...

Here are a couple from today's ride...

Dreamy by bbaker22, on Flickr

Rock hopper by bbaker22, on Flickr
    baker