NMBP

OM1 Camera and Lenses

My dad has an Olympus OM1 SLR, and several lenses for it. I imagine that the camera body doesn't have much value, but what about the lenses? Are these lenses usable on anything other than the old film bodies?
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    Depends on the lens. Some might, some might not. Awesome thing is that the mirrorless systems can use those lenses with adapters so if you're interested in selling, there's people that will buy them. There's a good market for them. In fact, I shoot a Sony NEX-6 and one of my lenese is an old Olympus lens from back in the 70's. Great lens. Post up exactly what you have. Heck, I might be interested in one or more of them if you're selling.

Fartographer
    The Olympus OM system was one of the sweetest available back in the day. If the camera is in good shape you might be able to get $100 for it. But that's about it. And that's if it's in excellent condition. I keep thinking about buying an OM4-Ti just because it's such a beautiful camera. Unfortunately, the lenses won't fit anything but an Olympus OM film camera. Nubster is right about them working on new cameras with adapters. But unless you've got something really esoteric, I don't think they're going to be worth too much money. If you want to get an idea of what they're selling for, check the eBay "Buy now" prices or the used Oly OM section on KEH.com: Olympus - Cameras, Lenses & Accessories - KEH.com
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

NMBP
    Thanks for the info. My Dad has someone close to where he lives that he's talking to. I have 2 OM-1's myself, but I just don't see myself ever using film again.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Fartographer
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Thanks for the info. My Dad has someone close to where he lives that he's talking to. I have 2 OM-1's myself, but I just don't see myself ever using film again.
    Yeah, film is just a novelty to me now. I held onto my 35mm SLR when I bought my first DSLR, back in about 2000. I thought I'd need it for "serious" photos. But I never used it again. But like I said, some of those Olympus OM bodies are really beautiful. They were really popular for mountaineering because they were so small and light. I'd love to have one for my camera shelf
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

mtbr member
    Some of the lenses do go for an little bit of money. I paid $200 for the one I have and I got a good deal on it. It's the PEN 38mm f/1.8. It's a sweet little lens on my Sony NEX.