Thread: Nokia N8

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Nokia N8

Anyone here thats using Nokia N8 phone on the steering wheel ?

I have taken some really nice shots on that phone, but Im still looking for some bracket/stand to put on the steering wheel for the video mode !

mtbr member
    There's quite a few to be googled, I use the one New Bike Bicycle Handlebar Mount Holder Stand Set Black for Nokia N8 N-8 ZVMT034 | eBay

I didn't get it from this ebay seller, but it's the exact same one, the reason I got it was because the back of it has a custom window at the back for the camera lens.

However it's not ideal because the mount is designed for the rider to be able to look at the phone screen and therefore mounts the wrong way for video, I found a position on the bars that's quite good even though you can see the handlebar in the shot.

Another point, which is the case with many handlebar mounts is that during bumpy terrain or at times when you are moving the bars in jerking movements it does not make for good video watching later, I made a custom sub-mount out of plumbing fittings, jubilee clips and epoxy that clamps on to my headtube, then the phone mount clamps on to that.

It's not that robust either,although i've given it quite a bit of abuse in the 6 months i've had it, but it's cheap enough to abuse.
    I scurry away with my hardtail between my legs

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'd love a bracket like that. My N8 has endured some tough times in my saddle bag.