mtbr member
    Jan 2013

GoPro Hero Session Users?

I've tried using the search function but not having much luck finding anything about the Session so far.

I'm thinking about picking up a Session now that the retail price has dropped to £150 here in the UK.

I currently have a Garmin Virb but never really use it much due to the clunky mounts being a pain to fit on the bike and it's not always the best shape for mounting out of the way.

How are Session users getting on with their cameras, Any major issues with them?
    How's the quality of movies and photo's with the Session?

mtbr member
    I picked up a Session a couple weeks ago when the price dropped. I felt like it would be a good replacement/supplement for my old HD Hero 2. I never used the HDH2 with any extra batteries so that shouldn't be an issue for me. I usually only turn it on for the downs anyway which saves battery & SD as well as editing. I decided to get the remote for the Session to make that a lot easier.

The video quality seems a lot better with the Session even though I'm still shooting 720, 60FPS. I haven't processed/uploaded anything yet... but does look good on the TV. I haven't used it for photos yet either.

mtbr member
    How has the wifi connectivity been with the Session and your phone?

mtbr member
    I've only used wifi with the remote and It worked fine, but it uses the battery so fast it's not worth it.

mtbr member
    How long can you record with the Session at one time?

mtbr member
    IDK, I just do short vids... mostly the DH parts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

pic quality

I just used the Session on an overnight. Pic quality leaves a little to be desired. My phone was better for most shots. I ended up taking some panning videos with the Session to capture still frames later. Video quality is great! And the ability to quickly snap single shots vs taking out phone and opening camera app can save a few moments - like the moose that ran across the trail in front of me early am.

One other problem: the tiny menu screen would go black and not display anything, then an hour later would work. Had trouble with this all of day 2 but not at all day 1 (battery wasn't too low either). It was difficult to tell what mode I was in, and once accidentally set it to wifi when I didn't want it on.