mtbr member
    Jan 2014

GoPro Footage Test

I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition, I was wondering which setting you guys run yours at for riding? And what mount you use?

I have used my chesty a lot but found because I'm small it doesn't come out as good as other peoples edits. I'm also testing with color correcting, any advice or tips for me in edits and actual footage?

I have a video on YouTube for you to watch one small, short edit I made of a ride which didn't involve very much riding due to a puncture and lack of equipment.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfnULU0_b8

Any help is greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Mix it up, get mounts to mount it to your bike in various places. Handlebar, top tube, downtube, seatpost, helmet and move the camera around. Chesty is actually the few mount I don't have! You can get some neat footage, but it gets boring pretty fast and hard to watch for a long time. If you really start getting into it youll find out that lots of third person shots with camera positioned along trail will make video much better, but also a lot more work.
    I tend to go for the high frame rate, it helps with the one major bane of all these video cameras, rolling shutter "Jello" effect.