Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851

    GoPro Alternatives

    Apologies if there are threads on this. I could not find them.

    I have a first or second gen GoPro. I didnít use it too much because it was such a pain in the ass. I had trouble with lots of things, including the most basic of controls (including not even knowing when it was on or off half the time) and editing (which was like an epic task trying to get even 5 minutes of tolerable footage).

    Anyway, I would like to get some footage of my daughter as she continues to improve.

    What are are the options? I googled GoPro earlier today and landed on about 15 hits in a row that suggested that GoPro was on its way out financially.

    What are the leading contenders these days for user friendly POV recording?

    Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,448
    Alibaba randomly emailed me today that they are having a sale on YI action cams.

    They're a pretty popular knock off/ alternative out of China.

    They usually aren't as nice- the one that they claim would go against a hero 5 is usually more comparable to the hero 4, etc.

    But they're half the cost and you can find a ton of reviews.

    Very similar form factor and I think the same mount scheme.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe Handlebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    357
    2nd for Yi. I've used one for a couple of years now and I think they're pretty good. Mine is wi-fi connected to my phone with a pretty easy to use app. Mine also has easily changed batteries vs. a closed unit. Data works perfectly with iMovie. Yes, they are completely GoPro mount compatible, but you have to use their cases as the dimensions are slightly different. But not to worry, you can find a gazillion of them on the 'bay and Amazon.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

  4. #4
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Handlebar View Post
    2nd for Yi. I've used one for a couple of years now and I think they're pretty good. Mine is wi-fi connected to my phone with a pretty easy to use app. Mine also has easily changed batteries vs. a closed unit. Data works perfectly with iMovie. Yes, they are completely GoPro mount compatible, but you have to use their cases as the dimensions are slightly different. But not to worry, you can find a gazillion of them on the 'bay and Amazon.
    So would I buy the following three things to cover all bases?

    https://www.amazon.ca/Accessories-Wa...keywords=Yi+4k

    https://www.amazon.ca/YI-Discovery-A...ds=Yi+4k&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.ca/Newmowa-Replac...GTH1PQFJ8YNNGY

  5. #5
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    NVM. I canít do it. I canít buy a Chinese knock off. I will suck it up and buy a Hero Session 5 or a Hero 5. The price differential is not going to kill me. My SixC bar was greater.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pitdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    158
    Check out the Gitup cameras-

    http://www.gitup.com/12-cameras

  7. #7
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by pitdaddy View Post
    Check out the Gitup cameras-

    http://www.gitup.com/12-cameras
    Thanks. More Chinese knock off stuff I assume?

  8. #8
    RAKC Industries
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,173
    Gitup isnt bad for a chinese gopro clone. I have git 1 and 2

    Yi isnt bad. I have the 4k version

    Neither can touch hero 5 black or hero 5 session.

    They arent bad but overall video quality and stabilization no chinese camera can touch.

    Chinese junk is why Gopro is having problems.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.


  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    38
    id check out the sony hdr-as100v

    pricey but doesnt need a gimbal because it has a mechanical stabilizer built in. its better than the gopro 5 or 6 because are digital so they lose quality in dark lighting.

  10. #10
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Gitup isnt bad for a chinese gopro clone. I have git 1 and 2

    Yi isnt bad. I have the 4k version

    Neither can touch hero 5 black or hero 5 session.

    They arent bad but overall video quality and stabilization no chinese camera can touch.

    Chinese junk is why Gopro is having problems.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks RAKC. Much appreciated.

    I have decided that I am not going to contribute to those problems. I should never have even considered this route. I am fortunate enough financially to easily be able to afford a GoPro. I do not wish to support the Chinese manufacturers in any way, shape or form.

    Not shitting on those who do. Everyone is obviously entitled to spend their money however they wish.

    A friend at work has a brand new in box Hero 4 Session that he won in some draw, that he will sell to me for much less than what I will pay for a Yi 4K. Alternatively, I can buy a Hero 5 or Hero 5 Session for $400 or $270 CDN from MEC (CDN equivalent of REI). I will almost certainly buy one of those from MEC, as I have quickly read that the Hero 4 Session has numerous serious shortcomings, al of which have been addressed by the Hero 5 Session.

    For the cost of a nice dinner out, and having regard to that fact that I am trying to get quality footage of my daughter that I want to last our lifetime, and seeing as though I had all sorts of trouble with my Gen 1 GoPro (and assuming that the Chinese knockoffs will be even less user friendly), screw it. Iím going to throw down on the GoPro.

    And this doesnít even touch any philosophical reasons to do so.

    Thanks all. Much appreciated.

  11. #11
    RAKC Industries
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,173
    I have no issues with where a brand comes from.(hell GoPro is made in Asia too) and Yi has made good competition for previous GoPros. Cant touch new ones though.

    Affording GoPros was not wasnt easyx Session was on sale so ended up with it as a gift.

    But so many make and sell Gopro copies instead of being something of their own and make them/sell them so cheap. YI 4K I bought not realizing Hero 5 B was coming out. Yi was the only one that actually did their own thing. Gitup is the only GoPro clone thats decent.

    Thats my beef with the other cheaper brands, made cheap, tons of false advertising, no customer service and so on. At the same time GoPro was riding the brand a bit too much so you paid a premium for a good camera but accessories are no better than cheap stuff and you pay 10◊ the price for mounts and crap. But you cant beat new Gopro stabilization and video quality for the money. And the new App is really nice, videos can be cut and done, takes a few minutes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.


  12. #12
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    I have no issues with where a brand comes from...
    Neither do I. That is not what I have a problem with. That is not what I intended to convey.

    ...that said, I do feel good about having driven North American manufactured vehicles since 2000...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe Handlebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Gitup isnt bad for a chinese gopro clone. I have git 1 and 2

    Yi isnt bad. I have the 4k version

    Neither can touch hero 5 black or hero 5 session.

    They arent bad but overall video quality and stabilization no chinese camera can touch.

    Chinese junk is why Gopro is having problems.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's definitely not the only reason why GoPro is having issues. GoPro refuses to drop MAP pricing structures or to get seriously competitive in a rapidly growing market. Adapt or die, it's truth in many areas, including business. A GoPro is just a camera, and lot's of other cameras do the same things GoPro does. GoPro, much like Apple (which I like and use btw) sell a name/image and support an American corporation which includes their CEO's, staff and shareholders by manufacturing in China. Just to give you a clue of where your dollar goes, in 2014 GoPro hired former Microsoft exec Tony Bates as the president of the company. His base pay was $800,000. His total stock awards amounted to over $9 million. Bates left the company in 2016. Yep.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

  14. #14
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Handlebar View Post
    That's definitely not the only reason why GoPro is having issues. GoPro refuses to drop MAP pricing structures or to get seriously competitive in a rapidly growing market. Adapt or die, it's truth in many areas, including business. A GoPro is just a camera, and lot's of other cameras do the same things GoPro does. GoPro, much like Apple (which I like and use btw) sell a name/image and support an American corporation which includes their CEO's, staff and shareholders by manufacturing in China. Just to give you a clue of where your dollar goes, in 2014 GoPro hired former Microsoft exec Tony Bates as the president of the company. His base pay was $800,000. His total stock awards amounted to over $9 million. Bates left the company in 2016. Yep.
    Wow. That's interesting. And as usual, nothing is ever all that simple or obvious.

    My LBS doesn't even carry GoPro anymore and it's one of the largest brick and mortar stores in the world. Apparently GoPro are assholes to deal with from a vendor's perspective as well. Minimum sales thresholds, strict pricing structure, etc. etc.

    So yes - GoPro is not without its own demons. But it's the lesser of the 2 evils for me.

    Without getting into it, I am not inclined to support an industry corrupt with deceit, intellectual theft and out and out lies. Fk them. They can make their money off others. Not me. Besides, it's not as though I will be purchasing inferior quality if I go with GoPro.

    Am I overpaying? Perhaps, but life is short. And a few hundred dollars is the equivalent of a dinner out. I can easily justify it in my simple little mind on the basis of post-purchase customer support alone.

    I am shocked I even considered this option.

    I will buy my buddy's Hero 4 Session BNIB for $150 CDN for my daughter to have fun with. I will go for the Hero 5 Black for $400 CDN.

    Done.

    EDIT: to be clear though, nothing I said was said with any disrespect for any of you holding a different opinion. I super appreciate the help you gave me on the topic.

  15. #15
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Okay. New idea. Mavic Pro. Wow!!!!!!!

  16. #16
    RAKC Industries
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Okay. New idea. Mavic Pro. Wow!!!!!!!
    There you go, drone footage of your daughter riding. That would be cool

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.


  17. #17
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    There you go, drone footage of your daughter riding. That would be cool

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nope. Ainít gonna work. I spent the whole day and night reading about the Mavic Pro. For a variety of reasons, it is not a good choice for high speed, downhill filming if both me and my daughter are riding (as opposed to me controlling the drone).

    Back to the POV GoPro crap...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iliketexmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    464
    I have been thinking about a Rylo. It seems unmatched for simplicity and stability in first person footage. The software seems to work as advertised from the reviews I have seen. The downside is it is 1080p in a 360 which means the actual resolution is a little low. Also the downside is the price tag. But that would be way better than sporting a fragile gimbal. By the time you buy the camera and the gimbal you might be just as well to consider the Rylo.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe Handlebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    EDIT: to be clear though, nothing I said was said with any disrespect for any of you holding a different opinion. I super appreciate the help you gave me on the topic.
    Oh man...no disrespect taken...at all. Hope I didn't sound like I was on a soapbox either. Just facts is all. There is nothing "wrong" with a GoPro, personally, I just like to know who and what I'm financially supporting.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    38
    my only grip with the rylo is the battery life. my buddy says he can only get about 30 minutes of footage. def good stability and video though

  21. #21
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Struggling badly. Still not sure what to get. My options at the moment are:

    1. Hero Session - $150 CDN
    2. Hero 5 Session - $270 CDN
    3. Hero 5 Black - $400 CDN
    4. Mavic Pro Bundle (still need to buy extra batteries) - $1150 CDN
    5. Mavic Air Bundle (includes 3 batteries) - $1350 CDN

    Trying to figure out what combination of the foregoing would be best. Tough call.

    edit: add to the list a Karma gimbal to be used with the 5 Black and a Chesty...
    Last edited by mtnbkrmike; 04-07-2018 at 01:43 PM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    38
    going to give it one last shot to save u. look into the sony as3000. beats the gopro out of the water.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLkI4uWD8U&t=41s

    thats no gimbal, chest mounted. gopro's struggle with image quality in low light. ive ridden with a gimbal, mounted with a gopro hero 4 silver. its a pain, its hard to enjoy the ride and takes the fun out of mountain biking.

    the mechanical stabilizer in the sony allows the image to have the best quality without altering it digitally for stabilization like the gopros. i imagine, not having to ride with a gimbal will improve quality of life.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe Handlebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by gillymtb14 View Post
    going to give it one last shot to save u. look into the sony as3000. beats the gopro out of the water.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLkI4uWD8U&t=41s

    thats no gimbal, chest mounted. gopro's struggle with image quality in low light. ive ridden with a gimbal, mounted with a gopro hero 4 silver. its a pain, its hard to enjoy the ride and takes the fun out of mountain biking.

    the mechanical stabilizer in the sony allows the image to have the best quality without altering it digitally for stabilization like the gopros. i imagine, not having to ride with a gimbal will improve quality of life.

    LOL....the "commentary" is great! Love Hall!
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

  24. #24
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    The form factor of the Sony looks a little freakadelic.

    I grabbed a Mavic Air and a Hero 5 Session on sale.

    Just deciding on both...

    EDIT: I just got a $200 MEC GC as a gift. I think I will return the Session and buy a Black. Canít beat MEC on returns or warranty. Sweet deal. Plus some Bleu de Chanel, craft ales and other goodies. Good times.
    Last edited by mtnbkrmike; 04-13-2018 at 10:21 PM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rider51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    90
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the SJCam series:

    https://sjcam.com/compare-action-cameras/

    I too am one who tries to buy from legit companies, but when GoPro did what they did giving Tony Bates that insane golden parachute for doing next to nothing for the company, in fact causing it to downsize, then kept him as a paid member on the board of directors anyway, plus the joke that the Karma became, they now look like just another bad version of Corporate America.

    Yes, the SJCAM is another GoPro knockoff, but this company has done well for itself and worth looking into. Samples on the web will show you it has 99% plus the same quality as the GoPros. Know that if you buy from a legit source (B&H for example) you'll get the real deal, if you buy from somewhere like Ebay you may get a fake SJCam, yes, that's true. Welcome to the new Chinese global market. LOL!

    Agree that the Sony FDR-X3000 is very impressive, but it's not cheap, and the accessories are even more costly than GoPro. Still, if I had the money, I'd buy this unit over any GoPro. The only GoPro I would even consider at this time is the Session 5, and that's only as a specific use, ultra-small camera.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider51 View Post
    Samples on the web will show you it has 99% plus the same quality as the GoPros.
    Itís physically impossible for the SJCAM to have 99% plus the same video quality as a a Hero 5B/6B.

    Per SJCAM:

    ďBitrate is the amount of information that is included in each frame of video.
    Higher bitrates give more definition to your video at the expense of filesizeĒ

    SJCAM bitrate - up to 30 mbps
    Gopro bitrate - ~60 mbps

    Also:

    1. SJCAMís 4K is interpolated while Goproís is native.

    2. With SJCAM you are stuck with in-camera white balance and color profile, no Protune option for better color grading/matching (and higher bitrates)

    3. SJCAM lacks many resolution/field of view/FPS options, i.e. 2.7k/120fps, 2.7k/ superview/60fps

    Those are some of the reasons why they are less expensive.

  27. #27
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider51 View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the SJCam series:

    https://sjcam.com/compare-action-cameras/

    I too am one who tries to buy from legit companies, but when GoPro did what they did giving Tony Bates that insane golden parachute for doing next to nothing for the company, in fact causing it to downsize, then kept him as a paid member on the board of directors anyway, plus the joke that the Karma became, they now look like just another bad version of Corporate America.

    Yes, the SJCAM is another GoPro knockoff, but this company has done well for itself and worth looking into. Samples on the web will show you it has 99% plus the same quality as the GoPros. Know that if you buy from a legit source (B&H for example) you'll get the real deal, if you buy from somewhere like Ebay you may get a fake SJCam, yes, that's true. Welcome to the new Chinese global market. LOL!

    Agree that the Sony FDR-X3000 is very impressive, but it's not cheap, and the accessories are even more costly than GoPro. Still, if I had the money, I'd buy this unit over any GoPro. The only GoPro I would even consider at this time is the Session 5, and that's only as a specific use, ultra-small camera.
    I have spent a lot of time researching and deliberating.

    Bottom line - if I can buy something -- anything -- from either Costco or, better yet, MEC (the Canadian REI), that is the obvious way to go. MEC has basically an unlimited return policy. Costco is not far behind. Plus nobody can beat either place on pricing. Finally, I have a $200 gift certificate from MEC.

    The Sony is out. The form factor is a 100% deal breaker. Completely fked. Plus, I can't buy it at either of my 2 preferred stores. Add to all that the fact that I have lots of mounts and other GoPro accessories from when I got my Hero 2 back in the day (which still functions flawlessly - I will use it as a B or C camera).

    I am not into Chinese knock offs. Very much philosophically opposed. Among many other reasons, I want after purchase support, including the ability to return the camera if I don't like it. Fortunately, I am financially well enough to not have to worry about the price differences between any of these options. I like to vote with my pocketbook and the Chinese knock off market will get nothing from me. Ever. That said, the Hero 5 Black from Costco is the same price or maybe even cheaper than the SJ7 Star.

    I picked up a Hero 5 Black bundle from Costco. Wow. After reading all the online hate for Woodman, Bates and GoPro in general, I was shocked at how nice the fit and finish is of the camera and all the accessories. I got the following at Costco for $329 CDN (about $259 US):

    1. Hero 5 Black camera, with all the usual accessories;

    2. GoPro Casey;

    3. GoPro Shorty; and

    4. 16 MB SanDisk Extreme microSD card.

    [I can't seem to upload a pic - this site has so many glitches...wow]

    When you back out the cost of the Casey, Shorty and card (and yeah, I know, I bought 2 64 GB SanDisk Extremes, so I am covered), the camera (and usual accessories) ends up costing about $150 CDN ($117 US).

    Outstanding.

    I am leaving shortly to go use my $200 gift certificate at MEC to pick up a Hero 6 Black. Not nearly as good of a deal, but with a basically unlimited return policy, if I don't think the added bells and whistles over the Hero 5 Black are worth it, I will return it.

    With a Hero 5 Black, a Hero 6 Black and a Hero 2 between 2 riders, I should be set. Just waiting for the DJI Mavic 2 to drop. Hopefully Costco picks it up. If they do, or even if Costco picks up the Air, I will buy that as well, and add a drone to the artillery.

    The GoPro stuff is nice. Very nice. It may not be cool these days to own or like it, but whatever. With not a single Shimano part on my bike, any rebellious/anti-establishment urges are satisfied by that.

    In on GoPro before the Yi logo starts appearing on their bodies...

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rider51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by fillaroida View Post
    Itís physically impossible for the SJCAM to have 99% plus the same video quality as a a Hero 5B/6B.
    You're probably right there. I just wanted to list it as an alternative.

    However, most people can't see much difference, and it's significantly less expensive. With GoPro, you're in some ways paying the extra amount for Tony Bates golden parachute.

    I do agree with mtnbkrmike, buying from a legit source has it's benefits, for sure.

  29. #29
    100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Reputation: mtnbkrmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider51 View Post
    You're probably right there. I just wanted to list it as an alternative.

    However, most people can't see much difference, and it's significantly less expensive. With GoPro, you're in some ways paying the extra amount for Tony Bates golden parachute.

    I do agree with mtnbkrmike, buying from a legit source has it's benefits, for sure.
    Thanks for throwing the SJCam out there as an additional option. It's good to know everything that's available. And yeah...there appears to be a lot of douchebaggery associated with GoPro. No denying that. I am going to stick with them though, for better or worse.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    In case anybody is still looking for a good/great deal on GoPro's right now. I just took advantage of this deal. The best deal out there on a Hero 5 Black from what I can see.

    Hope this helps someone.

    https://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero5...02-master.html

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    I have spent a lot of time researching and deliberating.

    The Sony is out. The form factor is a 100% deal breaker. Completely fked.
    Mike - I am also considering an "action camcorder." My question is why is the Sony form factor a deal breaker? FWIW, I plan to go helmet mount.

    Thanks for your input,
    Terry

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MustG0Faster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    89

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    I went through this recently myself. My son has a Hero4 and broke the mount off the bottom and best buy's warranty replaced it with an upgrade to the Session 5. The session 5 is an even bigger pain to use and gets hot and only has ~30 minutes battery life so it was a real disappointment.

    I bought a cheap one and it wouldn't work off battery but wasn't worth the tie to mail back to get a replacement.

    So I ended up buying a Garmin Virb. Its $$ like a gopro but can use gopro mounts and I already have a Garmin watch so it can remote control is with ought buying a $50 gopro remote. Another advantage is is keeps a GPS log wile recording where (according to DCRainmaker) the gopro doesn't. So it can replacement eTrex as well.

  34. #34
    Newbie
    Reputation: A10MileHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    28
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Rylo yet. I am hearing some great things about this camera. It is on my list of cameras to purchase once I am done saving money for my wedding next year.

    I dont have any experience on this camera but again, have heard some rave reviews. The image stabilization is incredible.

    There are definitely some disadvantages but this video sums it up pretty well and its from a MTB perspective.

    Link to Site: https://www.rylo.com/

    Video:

  35. #35
    RAKC Industries
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,173
    Probably because of it's crazy price tag lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.


  36. #36
    Interplanetary Poultry
    Reputation: scatterbrained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    284
    Of all the people posting in this thread, no one looked at the Garmin Virb?
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    I did. I listed the only downside of the virb being cost but then listed that I saved $ by not having to buy a remote.

Similar Threads

  1. GoPro HD Mountain Bike 10 different GoPro angles
    By janisk112 in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 12:49 PM
  2. GoPro HD 2 3rd party battery/charger alternatives?
    By zblee in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
  3. GoPro HD Hero2; GoPro HD Hero compare and contrast
    By LeeL in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 07:22 AM

Members who have read this thread: 121

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.