mtbr member

The Floating Frame...

I was stumbling around on the internet and I found an interesting photo of a bike frame hovering in the air (not my pic).

The Floating Frame...-intens_sideview2_blog.jpg

Looking around led me to this link: The Floating Frame | Anybody's Bike Blog

I've used Photoshop and Gimp before, I just never thought of using it for bike photos. Next time I take a shot of my bike I'm going to use a tripod and snap an extra photo of the background. Then, edit the photo to make it look like it's free-standing.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

Team Fearless Descender
    Yes but... I've shot bike frames, and recently for one of the custom makers that has a forum here on MTBR. We shot the frames in the studio, and on white, but we did suspend them on mono filiment (fishing line) from two "C Stands". In PS, we simply remove the almost invisiable line.

In the shot here, since the background is really the back ground that is there* why not just use TWO stands (bike stands, c-stands...), and suspend w/ mono filiment. It would be sooo much easier to "erase" this vs. that bike work stand.

*now if you were going to put in a compleatly different background, you know, someplace you could not be, etc., then you'd have to "strip out" the entire BG (often called "clipping out" using clipping paths), in that case supporting using that bike work stand would be ok, as you are taking out ALL of the BG anyway.

Just a thought!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff