mtbr member
    Mar 2008

First shots with the Sony NEX 5N

Finally had a chance to go out and play with the new camera, the photos are untouched aside from resizing them so I can post. Any constructive criticism is welcomed. Everything was shot in S mode with the 18-55 kit lens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First shots with the Sony NEX 5N-if_sm.jpg  

First shots with the Sony NEX 5N-jh01_sm.jpg  

First shots with the Sony NEX 5N-jh02_sm.jpg  

First shots with the Sony NEX 5N-jh03_sm.jpg  

First shots with the Sony NEX 5N-jh04_sm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    What kind of bike is that? Good shots by the way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Its an Independent Fabrications Ti bike...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    nice pictures, rocky trail with a rigid fork, how does it feel?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sony nex 5n is a very good choise, image quailty is nearly like the big d-slr's, i use nikon d7000 with some lenses but with 2 kg in my bag it is very heavy, thinking to buy nex5n or nex 7 for use with my bike...

mtbr member
    I have been using a NEX-5N since December and it's been great. I carry it with me almost every time I hike/ride/snowshoe/whatever. My latest carrying method is the Clik Elite Access chest pack. Perfect, for when I don't have my Gopro chest-mounted.

mtbr member
    Yeah, nice photos. A little color grading and they'll be perfect! I shoot a Nex 5n as well, purchased it before Xmas - I really really like it. I had other full size DSLR's, mainly higer end Canon's, but the size and images coming from the thing were awesome, so I was sold. I went through this phase of getting a bunch of manual lenses with Rainbowimaging adapters - had about 20 lenses or so then finally just sold them all last week. The kit lens works well, if you really want to get some nice lenses, go for the Sony/Carl Zeiss stuff.

Anywho, keep up the good work. 5n is great for video too....

mtbr member
    Actually pretty nice shots man.
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice shots trails look sick

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Still shots are awesome. The ones with the rider in them are focused on the wrong areas. The rider is out of focus while the scenery in in. Ok if you were going for a 'speed blur' but the rider isn't going fast enough for that to really work except the 4th picture where the rider is actually in focus with a blur on the background.

On the second picture the camera almost has the focus right, but instead of the riders face area it managed the riders left hip and the tree. . .

Are you the rider? How are you triggering the shots?