mtbr member
    May 2012

Finally get to post pictures of my first real mountain bike

First real mountain bike. I couldn't believe how much I have enjoyed it so far. I do have an air pump on it but I don't have the tool to take the tire off. Forgot to buy that. I have an extra tube though. Does anyone else see what I may need for this bike? Speedometer is on it also with trip, timer, temperature, avg speed and so on.

also still trying to figure out how many gears this bike has. I haven't counted the back ones. I think 8 or 9 in the back. I will have to count.
    Last edited by skipnay; 05-13-2012 at 08:17 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    All that's needed now are some miles

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeris LA View Post
    All that's needed now are some miles
    Thank you. I have 10 on it now. It would be real easy once I can get my daughter to go with me. But she is only a little over 9 months old right now. So the first quarter of August she will be a year old. Then it will be a little hot for her.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipnay View Post

First real mountain bike. I couldn't believe how much I have enjoyed it so far. I do have an air pump on it but I don't have the tool to take the tire off. Forgot to buy that. I have an extra tube though. Does anyone else see what I may need for this bike? Speedometer is on it also with trip, timer, temperature, avg speed and so on.

also still trying to figure out how many gears this bike has. I haven't counted the back ones. I think 8 or 9 in the back. I will have to count.
    Looks good to me. I would take those reflectors off if you don't ride on the road at night. They tend to bounce around a bit on the trails. I wouldn't bother with a cyclocomputer but that is just me. Helmet and some time on the bike. You'll find things you want to replace/upgrade as you ride/break stuff. Get used to it first though. That can take a dozen good rides or so.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I agee, take all 4 reflectors off ASAP & get a camel bak system, as it is easier to drink while on the move & those bottles may get lauched without you knowing it either LEAVING you with half OR zero H2O in the middle of a epic ride.

The camelbak can carry all the junk you need, extra tire (folding of course!), tubes, air and/or pump, tools, water, food, camera, light & battery, patch kit, chain kit, GPS unit, extra chain, lube, and even an extra seat IF you happen to be on a 50-100 epic ride & worry about the odds of having your seat mounts break on the ride LEAVING you no choice but to ride standing up OR riding with the seat post only & resting your bum on the post ON occasion LEAVING A nasty raw spot for souvenir of that ride (once saw a guy in a 50 mile race limping in on a bike without a seat anymore, just kinda resting his bum upon the post briefly to take a rest SO an extra seat could happen & ironically, I never carry one BUT long after I saw that lonely seatless racer, I needed one once AS mine broke & left me seatless with only 3 miles to go SO I lucked out!)

Needs some scratches & mud too, not a mt bike till it has some battle scars! Camelbak, the best thing I ever purchased for my bike rides...

Nice ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I was considering buying the same bike, how do you like it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nice!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Very nice, While I know color does not affect performance, it seems to mentally affect how I view a bike. So I tend to like flat blacks, darker greys, or more army colored bikes. This is a sexy bike.

GiANT REVEL 1
    that thing is sex!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    So jealous! I can't wait until I can post photos. Sweet bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    nice bike brotha

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Naw, keep it old school with those bottle holders! lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    there are lots of proponents of bottle cages because of the added weight of camelbags.

mini pump 39grams $20 http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Bicycle-Ha...ds=sub+40+pump (won’t run out of

Presta to Shraeder $5.82 Silca 2220 from amazon seller if you need it (pump only takes presta)

Crank brothers 19 tool, 175 grams, (leave tool flask behind) $25 amazon

patch kit.

many tire/rim combinations don't need a tire lever to operate. Check youtube ont ire removal and try it without levers to see if you can do it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    im digging the all black! looks good

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That's a sexy beast!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    cool bike, now all its needs is some scratches and dings!! ride on

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nice bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Bike looks nice! I would also suggest loosing the bottles and cages and buying a camelback. This will be the biggest upgrade you wish you would have done a long time ago. Also, once you have a camelback you can store all your tools/necessities in the camelback. The computer is kind of pointless, especially with the ability to do the same thing and even better with a smartphone which you will most likely have with you anyways.