mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Download/upload complications -- recommendations?

Got my Olympus XZ-1 awhile back. Just retired so I'll have more time to get to know the camera.
    I've downloaded the Olympus Viewer 3 thing. About 45 minutes after downloading some photos to the Olympus Viewer 3 and trying to post them online, I had an actual headache!

Somehow I got things out of Olympus Viewer and uploaded somehow to Windows Live Photo Gallery and tried to get things uploaded to Photobucket. More headache, it would only upload one photo at a time and the same photo every time. Then I downloaded the Photobucket Bulk Upload application to my computer, and now I get a message saying I have to request something from my provider to make it work when I start my computer. Every. Single. Time. More headache.

Photobucket was riddled with ads and was slow, slow, slow.

With my previous little point,and shoot, and older computer (PC), older operating system, downloads to my computer and uploads to Photobucket were totally easy and uncomplicated.

Any Olympus users or those in a similar situation -- what is your process? Any recommendations to avoid the awfulness of Olympus Viewer 3 and the Windows Live Photo Gallery? Has Photobucket (the free version) gone downhill?

I have an Android based tablet -- would it be better to abandon Photobucket and go all Gooogle?
    Photo sharing to FaceBook and other applications is not a big deal for me, although that could change with retirement.

Should i just pony up the $$ for the pro version even though I'm definitely a very casual user?

Thanks for any recommendations.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Got my Olympus XZ-1 awhile back. Just retired so I'll have more time to get to know the camera.
    I've downloaded the Olympus Viewer 3 thing. About 45 minutes after downloading some photos to the Olympus Viewer 3 and trying to post them online, I had an actual headache!

Somehow I got things out of Olympus Viewer and uploaded somehow to Windows Live Photo Gallery and tried to get things uploaded to Photobucket. More headache, it would only upload one photo at a time and the same photo every time. Then I downloaded the Photobucket Bulk Upload application to my computer, and now I get a message saying I have to request something from my provider to make it work when I start my computer. Every. Single. Time. More headache.

Photobucket was riddled with ads and was slow, slow, slow.

With my previous little point,and shoot, and older computer (PC), older operating system, downloads to my computer and uploads to Photobucket were totally easy and uncomplicated.

Any Olympus users or those in a similar situation -- what is your process? Any recommendations to avoid the awfulness of Olympus Viewer 3 and the Windows Live Photo Gallery? Has Photobucket (the free version) gone downhill?

I have an Android based tablet -- would it be better to abandon Photobucket and go all Gooogle?
    Photo sharing to FaceBook and other applications is not a big deal for me, although that could change with retirement.

Should i just pony up the $$ for the pro version even though I'm definitely a very casual user?

Thanks for any recommendations.
    Hmm, did you check t make sure you weren't shooting .raw format photos?