mtbr member
    Sep 2008

A Couple shots I think are an improvement from last time

As the title says... Just looking for feedback and opinions. I use a cheap Fisheye extension on some and learned that it doesn't take good shots not that I should be surprised.

Soil Taste Tester

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I really like the 2nd to last pic... I think just a tad of post post processing might give it that extra oomph

mtbr member
    very cool pics, what camera are you using? if you used a flash on those MOTION pics they would be sharper! great pics!
    Last edited by broomhandle; 02-29-2012 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
    very cool pics, what camera are you using? if you used a flash on those MOTION pics they would be sharper! great pics!
    Thanks. Its just a Canon T2i ... The motion pics were shot with a cheap wide angle filter that was basically a waste of money ... I have a 430 EXii but didnt carry it that day.
    Soil Taste Tester

mtbr member
    Great pictures.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A-NON-A View Post
    Thanks. Its just a Canon T2i ... The motion pics were shot with a cheap wide angle filter that was basically a waste of money ... I have a 430 EXii but didnt carry it that day.

They T2i is a great camera, use the pop up flash. put it oin like "P" and pop it up, it will give a tad fill light for motion pics.

the bigger flash is too much.

i have a 7 year old boy, they are just to fast for the lense! haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    second to last photo takes the set really well done. I'd bump the shutter speed up a hair for the motion shots and try to follow him with the camera.
    Keep access to public lands open.
    http://30daysofbikingerie.blogspot.com/

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
    No motion blur at all.....look at the spokes.....they are froozen.....just poor optics of that fisheye that he could actually take advantage of to get a great effect.

In the 2nd shot you can see his son is pretty much in the sweet spot for the sharpness on that lens....in the 3rd you can tell his son is slighty infront of it, the background directly behind him is fairly clear

Me personally, love the look of the cheapo fisheye on there, it looks semi sharp in the center and hanious further out, but that gives it almost the look of a PC tilt shift lens. really like it. if you can start to use that to your advantage you can get some really cool shots that'll emphisis a certain part of the frame depending on where you aim the sharpest part of that lens. also add hard light to that soft effect and you would pretty impressed at the reuslt you can get out of that.

On a few portraits i have shot for people i did the soft look with hard light and it really adds another dimension to the shot. just my .02
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Adorable! Your son will treasure these shots when he's older.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Cool pics mate