mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Best photography sites?

I know that MTBR has a sister site but I'm looking for other sites for geeking out on photography. I've scoured the net and have found some good ones but I know I'm probably missing some. Much like MTB sites, I 've noticed some are good at reviews and others are good on tech, and others have good how to's. Any out there that do all those fairly well?

Cycling for Life
    I have my galleries hosted at Pbase.com and find it to be a great site for ‘geeking out’ on. Not so much on the tech issues but because they host users from all over the globe you can find an amazing variety of photography to drool over. Just hit the home page and do a country or subject search or just even hit the random galleries option - good stuff there.
    For tech info I usually read up at Outdoor Photographer. Great articles but their forums are really slow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Two that I frequent:

Digital camera photo galleries, gallery database, info and forums (Canon specific forums, high on review/tech content)

www.fredmiranda.com/forums (more pro-level photogs, better honest feedback and higher level information... lots of quality photos and info here)

I stopped bothering with Outdoor Photographer because they're caught up in HDR to the point of being annoying. I'm very unimpressed with that magazine.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Toe of my favorites are:

photography on the net: Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin

and

fred miranda: FM Forums

dp review is OK too: Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ

Still learnin'
    Digital Grin Photography Forum

Lots of pro's... and a lot of wannabe pros. I like this because it creates good discussion. The only site that I go to. It has it all.
    Gear up, flaps up, feet up.

mtbr member
    I find a lot of useful info on flickr groups. I also find inspiration for my own photos.
    Last edited by 3PunchCombo; 09-13-2011 at 07:18 AM.