Thread: Adobe Software

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Adobe Software

For those like myself whose budget doesn't yet stretch to a new copy of photoshop perhaps you might chance a squiz at the Adobe website download pages.

It was pointed out to me yesterday that it "appears" that Adobe is offering older version software (CS2) and the key:

adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Yes it is an older version as we are now up to 6(?) and no it might not work on all operating systems (especially Mac)

However IMHO there is still plenty of general photoshop learning curve to be learnt from CS2.

Yes you all owe me a beer :!: :wink:

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Unfortunately Adobe does not offer CS2 for free - they posted an explanation ~a week ago when this surfaced. It was only to help their existing customers since their activation servers for CS2 has been turned off. So if you did not own CS2, using the one from the Adobe site is as legal as you would download it from Torrent - no difference really...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Where exactly is the explanation as I didnt see it on the download page when I visited. Simple enough for them to take it off the site if it wasnt there for open slather surely. Still if I get a message from the software asking me to desist using it I suppose I will.
    Last edited by rifraf; 01-15-2013 at 07:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah I saw that, it sucks but Adobe are all about making money (like most companies) but you can find some versions for free somewhere....... I recently bought the Masters edition because I needed it for uni, I would highly recommend it if you are into editing photos, videos ect. CS6 is a wonderful piece of software