Thread: Touring Luzon

Just Ride!

Touring Luzon

Hey Guys & Gals,

Has anyone toured around Luzon? I'm planning(in my head as a bucket list) to tour Luzon maybe in the next 5 years or so. I know it's ways away but it's part of my 50 years on this planet to do list. Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated. Looking at Alabang as my start point and maybe go east/north from there. Bringing my own bike( Salsa Fargo) Thanks!
    Last edited by Pigtire; 09-08-2012 at 07:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Havent toured but lived there for 5 years and returned to US a little over a year ago. Began mountainbiking there down in Santa Rosa a little south of Alabang. Lots of trails and an active group of riders. I did travel around Luzon but by plane and car. A couple of good bike stores in Alabang as well as Makati and also Santa Rosa.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    if you're from alabang, you might be interested to know that most guys here do the laguna lake loop

essentially, it goes through towns adjacent to the laguna lake

alternatively, you can go from manila to baguio and sagada, and that's it

lots of info about manila to baguio as well as sagada loop, and the laguna lake loop on a local mtb site

a salsa fargo would be the best type of bike to bring, if you have pannier bags/ racks, it will be better, although you'll have lots of places to replenish your supplies

btw, i'm currently building a surly ogre with these loops in mind
    biker boy

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Havent toured but lived there for 5 years and returned to US a little over a year ago. Began mountainbiking there down in Santa Rosa a little south of Alabang. Lots of trails and an active group of riders. I did travel around Luzon but by plane and car. A couple of good bike stores in Alabang as well as Makati and also Santa Rosa.
    I've been to some of the shops there and they do have some awesome stuff. I've never been to Santa Rosa but a bud of mine will hook me up and take me there next time I visit. Thanks

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1mina View Post
    if you're from alabang, you might be interested to know that most guys here do the laguna lake loop

essentially, it goes through towns adjacent to the laguna lake

alternatively, you can go from manila to baguio and sagada, and that's it

lots of info about manila to baguio as well as sagada loop, and the laguna lake loop on a local mtb site

a salsa fargo would be the best type of bike to bring, if you have pannier bags/ racks, it will be better, although you'll have lots of places to replenish your supplies

btw, i'm currently building a surly ogre with these loops in mind
    Hmmm, Manila to Baguio sounds like a nice ride. I'll check out the Sagada route you mentioned. Still looking at rides that goes somehwere on the east side of the island and maybe cut across somehwere then ride down to Ilocos and back to Manila. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Good bike shop at the Paseo In Santa Rosa on the road toward Tagaytay then another shop at Nuvali a little further on. The regular trail rides are (were) Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun starting at the Paseo at ~8AM. I counted over 100 bikes once on a Sat ride at Buko Haus a relished stop after Cardiac Hill for a cool fresh Buko drink. But be sure to take money. Costs 20 PHP.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Good bike shop at the Paseo In Santa Rosa on the road toward Tagaytay then another shop at Nuvali a little further on. The regular trail rides are (were) Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun starting at the Paseo at ~8AM. I counted over 100 bikes once on a Sat ride at Buko Haus a relished stop after Cardiac Hill for a cool fresh Buko drink. But be sure to take money. Costs 20 PHP.
    Yep, buko sure sounds good after a ride in that heat. I'll remember to bring some cash. Thanks!