mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Pinoy KickAss Kid

Please help Jiro find a sponsor. He's still 13years old and has a lot of potentials. He's from Davao City, Philippines..

mtbr member
    Pretty cool riding from the young man. Just curious... why would he like to get sponsorship? Is there a race series in the Philippines? He obviously has the means since he has a tricked out Norco Aurum.

Lastly, I think those trails are nice but a DH bike might be a tad overkill. He was doing a lot of pedaling on the video and looked spent in the end. Enduro? =)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    Pretty cool riding from the young man. Just curious... why would he like to get sponsorship? Is there a race series in the Philippines? He obviously has the means since he has a tricked out Norco Aurum.

Lastly, I think those trails are nice but a DH bike might be a tad overkill. He was doing a lot of pedaling on the video and looked spent in the end. Enduro? =)
    Definitely agree that the DH bike is overkill. The trails in this vid almost look like XC trails here in the States. I'll be vacationing to the PI in about a week and I'm bringing my SB-66C so I will soon have an opinion about what PI mountain biking is like.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    You can try looking for this NA.

The Flow Video - Pinkbike

=)

mtbr member
    That video has always got me stoked to ride there. One of the places I'm actually visiting is Baguio, unfortunately I probably won't be able to visit La Trinidad where this video was shot. I do plan to hit up my birthplace of Pangasinan, wifes home of Ilocos Norte, and ride the "DH" trails in Timberland.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    Vids or it never happened, NA. LOL

Have fun in the Philippines, pare. BTW, if you're planning to shop and you don't care about brands, go to Quiapo for awesome deals.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tip! Funny that my wife already knows about that place lol. Vids will be posted once I return.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    If you are riding down an unpaved slope here in the RP you are already "riding DH".

Anywhoo, flat trails or not you guys are still lucky to have such a trail. I'm stuck riding farm roads and footrails to get my fix where I'm at. Everytime I talk with Barangay officials into cutting a short trail in the hill sides I get rejected because it's against DENR policy, yet kaingin and illegal logging is ok.