what a joke

Manila Bike Shops?

Hey guys, I have come across a deal on a new bike in Manila. Trouble is, I'm in Australia. Not sure if they are legitimate or if it is a scam. They are selling a whole range of bikes, many different brands and year models.

Has anyone heard of Dwayne Cycles? The website link they gave me is http://www.bugoybikers.com/index.php but there is no mention of any bikes sales on that site. They claim they are updating the site soon.

Has anyone heard of these guys or bought anything from them?
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nope might be a scamsite for a list of lbs in Manila pm me. Most If not all known lbs don't have websites.

what a joke
    I also have an address but nothing showed up in a google search. They prefer transfer with western union but I said I only use Paypal and they said ok. I know it offers more protection then WU but not sure how much.

They have 2011 Specialized bikes at half list price. Looking at a 29er Stumpy Expert FSR.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Hi,from the name of the site"bugoybikers"i think its a scam site.The term "bugoy"means you are somewhat dumb or a moron.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    hi, did you finally buy anything of them?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Dont even try. Most of the LBS here in manila doesn't have a website and they do not transact over the internet. I guess its a scam.

mtbr member
    Did you find out any more about this? I just sent off an email to check it out and received one back withing 10 mins.

They have listed on the Adventure Race forums - the email back gave me a contact number and addy in the UK

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    i guess its a scam

mtbr member
    Yep, I looked into this further and it's def a scam... it's currently being investigated

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    i guess its a scam, LBS here in manila doesn't have any websites, usually they only have Facebook pages or Multiply pages