mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Humid weather wrecking havoc on my stuff.

The leather palms on my Fox Inclines had some mold growth. I never had this issue back in Virginia even during summer. Obviously washing the gloves will take care of the problem but I bet it'll ruin the leather sooner.

I thought of storing it with silica gel packets to keep them dry after use and sun dry them afterwards (crossing my fingers the UV rays won't damage them).

Have you encountered this too? How did you approach this problem?

mtbr member
    I don't wear gloves when riding in the PI... But what I do with my helmet (to prevent the same thing) is to hang it up on my electric fan so the blowing air dries up the pads completely...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the fan tip. I'll try that.
    Funny thing happened to my gloves. I found it hanging on the clothes line yesterday. Our "kasambahay" found it on the table and decided to wash it. Smell's gone! hehe.

mtbr member
    that's awesome...what you can also do is when you wash your bike, put the gloves in the bucket with the soapy water (I use dishwashing liquid), then after you rinse it off, just hang it with your bike to dry (in the sun since the UV rays will get rid of any bacteria/mold).

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What part of Virginia are you from? I am from Reston, lived in NOVA for the better part of my life.