mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Cyclone in the Philippines

Just want to share with you my El Ciclon build. Not much here in the Philippines, so its good to share a good bike when its really good. I enjoy it.

Thanks to Tony Cancio of Bike Town Cyclery.

John

Ciclon Pic2.JPG

Ciclon Pic5.JPG

Ciclon Pic6.JPG

Ciclon Pic7.JPG

Ciclon Pic8.JPG

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice ride. I like the colored spacers on your steer tube, they look better than the plain ones. Where do you get those?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    looks awesome...nice touch with the combined CK headset...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    CK has colored spacers. It's good to have a bit of the same color of the wheelset somewhere in the bike, like the spacers, to blend the colors in.

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Nice build. I9 wheels? Make sure to send that shock to PUSH when it's time for its first scheduled maintenance. Have them add a HV canister. It made a difference for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Very nice bike. Waiting for mine. Just curious, but what are the white extra housings around the shifter cables? I am thinking protection for HT and ST wear but not sure. Anyway, if you could, brand and where you purchased.

Thank you.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by upandout
    Very nice bike. Waiting for mine. Just curious, but what are the white extra housings around the shifter cables? I am thinking protection for HT and ST wear but not sure. Anyway, if you could, brand and where you purchased.

Thank you.

That looks like Nokon or Alligator I-Link housing (it is not "extra", it IS the housing)

EDIT: I see what you mean now...I forgot the name but jagwire makes some (although the ones on the pic seem like regular plastic tubing)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes. it's just a regular plastic tubing to protect the frame paint from cable rub. It comes together with the Nokon's.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    And yes, it sports an All Mountain Industry Nine wheelset. If only I had the Enduro type hubs in the front, I would have had the capability to install a fork with thru axle's.