mtbr member
    Nov 2006

CHUMBAs in the Philippines welcome 2008!

Our group decided to celebrate the new year with an 8 hour epic ride in the Cordillera mountains north of Manila.

Fantastic riding up there!

Dayuhan was supposed to join us and that would have made 3 EVOs in the group but unfortunately he was waylaid by other matters.

Happy trails in 2008 everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice bikes..... My wish for x-mas is to ride those trails you have in the pics with my XCL. Happy New Year!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I do regret missing that ride... but I've been keeping the Chumba busy as well...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey Dayuhan, nice pics of Sagada. What did I tell you about how well the EVO climbs. Have you found your sweet spot on the bike yet? Have you had joey try jumping with your EVO?

bbc
    Bueno!
    I have to ride there! Those trails look incredible.

rj2
    mtbr member

Looking to ride in PI

I'll be in Metro Manila and Marineduque from February 1 to 22 and would like to get some rides in. I'm not bringing any gear and would need to rent. Medium frame, 44.5 shoe, etc.

Salamat
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycan
    Hey Dayuhan, nice pics of Sagada. What did I tell you about how well the EVO climbs. Have you found your sweet spot on the bike yet? Have you had joey try jumping with your EVO?
    I'm really comfortable on the bike now, been on it a lot. No issues climbing, been doing a lot of that. Still adjusting to going down a lot faster than before, which the Evo invites me to do, but that's me, not the bike!

Joey hasn't used it, too busy enjoying the new Totem on the ASX. It would be way long in the cockpit for him as it's set up now, maybe sometime I'll put a short stem on it and push the seat forward and let him fly it around a bit. Or you could bring yours up and let him try one that fits . It would be really interesting to see what he thinks of an Evo/Lyric combination as a pure freeride bike, coming from the ASX/Totem. Good photo op too, would be good to see someone pushing an Evo out toward the limits!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey bbc and rj2, we look forward to you guys coming over to the Philippines. Just give us a holler when you get in and we'll show you around.

Hi rj2, I may have a medium XCL demo unit assembled by then. It will be available for rent from Bike Town Cyclery on Pasong Tamo in Makati. Telephone number is 3872173.

Tony

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey Dayuhan, I'll try to make it up to Sagada after school ends around April. Will definitely bring my bike and let Joey make it fly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Wow, you guys -awesome pictures - I totally miss home now.

mtbr member

Those trails look amazing!

Thanks for the pictures tonycan and dayuhan, I'd love to ride those trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey beans, you have to come home for a visit. Lots of new trails in the islands. Mountain biking scene is booming.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hi MD, I'll take more pics of our tropical trails here and post them. We've been discovering more trails closer to Manila too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yes, I've heard. I remember riding around Sagada a few years back, amazing place! I'm targeting to be home by next year or even earlier. I need to set-up and save-up first! hehe - Post more pictures pls!

nerfherder
    Great pics. I love that last one Tonycan. That trail looks epic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yes it was an epic ride. 8 hours of singletrack that went up and down, Just us and the mountains and not a single sound from any motorized vehicle and not a single view of any road from start to finish.

The Sagada trails where Dayuhan rides are great too. This is where we brought Hans Rey in 2006 when he came over for the Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival. He's coming back in April with Brian Lopes for the festival again.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tonycan
    Yes it was an epic ride. 8 hours of singletrack that went up and down, Just us and the mountains and not a single sound from any motorized vehicle and not a single view of any road from start to finish.

The Sagada trails where Dayuhan rides are great too. This is where we brought Hans Rey in 2006 when he came over for the Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival. He's coming back in April with Brian Lopes for the festival again.
    Hopefully, Ted and I will be able to make it this April as well! Can't wait to ride the singletrack over there.

A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It would be great if you guys can make it over... and if you do, I hope you can make time to get up here to the mountains. There's a lot of good riding down in the lowlands as well, but April will be seriously hot. We're up at about 4500 feet, takes the edge off the tropical heat... and of course there's all that trail all over the place, and nobody else riding it!