mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anyone from Moab/SLC area?

Hey guys! Anyone from the Moab/SLC area? I've been wanting to scratch off Moab on my bucket list. I've been planning to go to Moab this year but I'm clueless on where to go/stay and plan my trip since I'll be coming from the Philippines. I've been to SLC once but it was work related though. If anyone could show me around, that'd be great!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Moab is a small town, an old mining town mainly uranium. The place depends mostly on tourism now from MTB, off road 4wheel, motocross bikes, hikers and campers. From SLC you can rent a car to Moab. There are hotels and campsites

mtbr member
    I'm in Boise, ID and take frequent trips to Moab. There is an SoCal based flip group that goes there all the time (and Vegas too). Look up United Adobo...

mtbr member
    Don't sweat it to much... I just got back from my first ever Moab trip last week. Spent 4 days there... 3 riding 1 sight-seeing.
    I didn't plan to much... other than finding a place to stay and setting up a shuttle to do Porcupine Rim, I played it by ear mostly. I had a f'n blast... so much so I'm just about ready to register and go back out in Oct for Outerbike.

Take a look at the Utah board, they have a couple of threads going re: planning and must do trails.... Just Do It!