Veni Vidi Vici

12 hour race- Philippines

ey mga kababayan... just would like to share some pics of the just concluded 12 hour race... by Sabak sports.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Veni Vidi Vici
    some more pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Veni Vidi Vici
    more pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Veni Vidi Vici
    and more....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Veni Vidi Vici
    last....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope you guys enjoyed it

Veni Vidi Vici
    oooopsy there is more

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks to Sabak sports and Adventure for making this very well organized, above and beyond race!! See you in the next race

i am, therefore, i ride
    cool pics..... just noticed that suspension seatpost on a full suspension Ellsworth. Isn't that overkill? Thanks for sharing.
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Sabak 12-hour race

Hi BL,

It's nice from hear from you again. Nice pixs. Another succesful 12-hour race
    sponsored by Sabak bike shop. I see some familiar faces, Ricky seems had a bad
    day (flat tire).

We hit Moab, Utah...2 weeks ago and had a very good time. We rode Slickrock,
    Porcupine Rim and Sovereign trails. We encountered some weird weather along the way,
    rain, strong winds and snow. When we reached Moab, the sun was up and had nice riding days. For a 50 year old smuck like me, i was able to make some of the stiff climbs that i was not able do well two years ago. I'm proud of myself...just kidding. Porcupine Rim trail is another story, they will shuttle you to the foothills of LaSal mountain, and down you go
    to the city proper of Moab. It's a blast descending down with so many steps and the beautiful view of the rim. Sovereign has more connecting trails now and still my favorite.

Regards to Tom and Ricky.

Akazan

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by nico2me
    cool pics..... just noticed that suspension seatpost on a full suspension Ellsworth. Isn't that overkill? Thanks for sharing.
    ah, I think you are referring to the blue moment, that is bobs rig.. he use that to go down in the ridges of Tagaytay, it is handy for some downhill trails... he is having a blast doing that, I think that is just alright...

Veni Vidi Vici
    Ey Akazan, good to hear from you as well.. I think the plans going to interbike is already confirm.. i already told the boys about your pass... lets just communicate as we go along... that race was a blast! out team managed to be on the 8th position.. not bad for guys pushing 40 yeah thats ricky, he did not join the race, he only stalked riders since he is the official video cam man... he is so jealous he cant join .. but we will have another race this weekend... sprint... so at least I will be enjoying the last days of my ML before my knolly endorphin arrives end of june

Wow I envy you... I dont know when I can ride MOAB... good to hear your ride report on your moab trip.. hope you can post some pics... BTW, the boys are gearing to go to MoAb after the interbike, maybe they can hook up with you so you can show them to those trails you mentioned.... I am sure they will have the time of their lives over there... keep in touch bro!!

Tyrone

Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    Hi BL,

It's nice from hear from you again. Nice pixs. Another succesful 12-hour race
    sponsored by Sabak bike shop. I see some familiar faces, Ricky seems had a bad
    day (flat tire).

We hit Moab, Utah...2 weeks ago and had a very good time. We rode Slickrock,
    Porcupine Rim and Sovereign trails. We encountered some weird weather along the way,
    rain, strong winds and snow. When we reached Moab, the sun was up and had nice riding days. For a 50 year old smuck like me, i was able to make some of the stiff climbs that i was not able do well two years ago. I'm proud of myself...just kidding. Porcupine Rim trail is another story, they will shuttle you to the foothills of LaSal mountain, and down you go
    to the city proper of Moab. It's a blast descending down with so many steps and the beautiful view of the rim. Sovereign has more connecting trails now and still my favorite.

Regards to Tom and Ricky.

Akazan

i am, therefore, i ride
    Akazan, just noticed from your profile that you're a fellow Texan..... El Paso is quite a drive from me. Do you happen to race any of the TMBRA series by any chance? I've been looking forward to meeting a ka'bayan at a venue and yet to do so.

Thanks for sharing pics of your Moab trip. We're planning on a Fruita trip for the 4th of July weekend. We'll post some pics then.

Happy Trails and keep the rubber side down !

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Kabayan Nico2Tome

Never tried to upload the pixs of Moab yet. I'll do so later. Which part of Texas are you from? I'm going to Dallas, ride some trails then head out to Cameron Park in Waco and
    Emma Long city park trail. I have been at Emma Long Park, but i'm taking a friend who never been there yet.

I want to go to Fruita also, it's part of my future plan.

i am, therefore, i ride
    Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    Never tried to upload the pixs of Moab yet. I'll do so later. Which part of Texas are you from? I'm going to Dallas, ride some trails then head out to Cameron Park in Waco and
    Emma Long city park trail. I have been at Emma Long Park, but i'm taking a friend who never been there yet.

I want to go to Fruita also, it's part of my future plan.
    I'm in H-town. Are you hooking up with the DORBA folks? Cameron Park..... one of my favs in the TMBRA series. City Park... short and sweet, not the most technical but the hardest trail in Austin that I've been to. I'm sure you and your buddies will have an awesome time. When are you guys coming over? Maybe we can schedule our work party around it so we can join you guys. I heard you guys have some real techy trails in EP.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Kabayan Nico2me

Hi,

I'm flying to Dallas first then head out to Austin this coming 4th of July. But isn't that you are going to Fruita that long weekend of July 4th?

I haven't tried any Dorba sponsored races. I tried some of the New Mexico Mountain bike races, El Paso is part of the New Mexico series. El Paso had the Coyote Classic MTB
    race recently. Las Cruces, NM has one race every 2nd week of September. We have the 100k-Chupacabra race across the border of Juarez, i did it last year and survived w/o any muscle cramps. 100-k Chupacabra race is a week before the 24-hour Smithville MTB race.

I'm heading out to Austin in October for the Smithville 24-hour MTB race, my second 24-hour. Last year was a blast, it will be a repeat. I"m part of a corporate team. Try it, painful but addicting. I always tell myself that it will be the last, but i keep on going.

El Paso has some techy trails, but manageable. Just don't endo, Lots of rocks and cacti
    around. Worst and twice hard than Emma Long city park.

If you are not heading out to Fruita then we should met in Austin for some dirt riding. Show us the trails of Autin and sorrounding areas.

Akazan

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Kabayan Tyrone

Hi Tyrone,

I'm excited going to Las Vegas this September. Hope to see you. My GF is going with me and see some of her old friends from Las Vegas. Tell your amigos to check out Gooseberry trail before heading out to Moab. It's on the way to Moab and a must place to ride. Hoping i could join them, but possibly just a day then head back home.

Congratulation in getting a Knolly...i heard alot of good thing about that bike.

Akazan

i am, therefore, i ride
    Yeah..... we'll be in Fruita that week. We'll catch you another time. I heard that the last Chupacabra race was a torture, coming from the guys on our team.

The 24 Hours of Rocky Hill is on October 18th. We'll enter the Grande category teaming up with another race team. What category are you guys entering? We'll see you at Rocky Hill then.

If you guys can visit before then let me know. We can hit some dirt with you around Austin. If EP is not such a long drive, we'll probably be hitting those trails as well. We ride all over Texas on Saturdays...... "all over" means within a 2-3 hour drive.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nico2me,

You are a Texas dirt hog...likes to ride. We are joining the grande division with 2 female riders in our team. My team's name is El Paso Stretchy Pants ( team with blue scrotum balls on the back of the saddle). What's your team's name? I'll just catch up with you on the October 24-hour race.

i am, therefore, i ride
    I know, we're just bunch of trail rats. Our team is Cypresswood Racing Team. We will be joined by a couple of riders from Sun and Ski - Southern Elite Team. I will look you up at Rocky Hill.

If you guys have time, the USA Cycling National Championship is next month at Mt. Snow, VT. The best venue around. It starts Wednesday, July 16 to Sunday, the 20th. Best riders compete in Downhill, Short Track, Super D, Dual Slalom, Observed Trials and of course, XC. It's well worth the trip. Also a great chance to ride and compete with riders who are going to the World Cup.

Hopefully, we can organize a trip to EP before the start of the Fall Series. Happy Trails and keep the rubber side down !!!

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Were all the riders on FS there? Terrain looked pretty flat.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by nico2me
    FYI, that's not a suspension seat post. It's a Gravity Dropper. Note the cable coming out of it in post #3 (connected to a handlebar-mounted switch).

[pardon my lateness to the party]
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    i really miss biking.. got injured months ago. (

mtbr member
    i see the trail was pretty rocky it must have been fun participating in one.