Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: York, Pa

mtbr member

York, Pa

I will be home in the York area next week and I am looking for some DH/FR in the area. I grew up riding BMX street there as a teenager, but I have not ridden any mountain bikes there. Does anyone know of any good riding in the area or relatively close for that matter?
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry, no DH/FR riding in York. Rocky Ridge is your best bet for local riding. It is rocky and some of the new trails have some technical sections, but not really FR/DH.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Just rode my big bike at Rocky Ridge sat. If you hit me up I could show you some fun dh trails, as long as you don't mind the pedal back up. Rocky Ridge is either up or down for the most part. It has lots of little 3-4 foot drops everywhere if you like that type of thing.

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Hey York area riders, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Years ago I met two brothers and their cousin from the York area at Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Weekend. There last name was Fisher ( I don't want to disclose full names) and two of them worked at Harley Davidson at that time. I would like to get intouch with these guys if anyone could help. Post reply or PM me with possible contact information.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@gretnabikes
    Just rode my big bike at Rocky Ridge sat. If you hit me up I could show you some fun dh trails, as long as you don't mind the pedal back up. Rocky Ridge is either up or down for the most part. It has lots of little 3-4 foot drops everywhere if you like that type of thing.
    Read my other post, sorry

smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    Hey York area riders, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Years ago I met two brothers and their cousin from the York area at Jim Thorpe Mountain Bike Weekend. There last name was Fisher ( I don't want to disclose full names) and two of them worked at Harley Davidson at that time. I would like to get intouch with these guys if anyone could help. Post reply or PM me with possible contact information.
    I might know who you're talking about, but I don't know names. Some of the guys I ride with in York (from the YAMBA club) work at Harley, and at least one of them was at JT recently.

There's a Yahoo Group for YAMBA (York Area Mountain Bike Assn.). Find it, post a message on the board, and somebody may be able to help you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    spacoli,
    pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmillhouse
    spacoli,
    pm sent.
    Got it and replied, that was easy to find those guys, I know they were big into MTB in the York area, wasn't sure if they still were. Thanks

mtbr member
    What do you consider a big bike? I do all the drops at Rocky Ridge on my hardtale or XC bike. Maybe I am missing something can I come next time you go?

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dredevil
    What do you consider a big bike? I do all the drops at Rocky Ridge on my hardtale or XC bike. Maybe I am missing something can I come next time you go?

I ride my dh bike there from time to time for dh race training. Since the closeest chairlift is three hours away, I gotta ride it somewhere between races. I can do a lot of drops on my xc bike, but it's just not as fun with out the squish. Either I ride the xc or the dh bike, there isn't anything in between, yet...If there is no sarcasm about coming along next time I'm always looking for more people to ride with.

mtbr member
    I ride my dh bike there from time to time for dh race training. Since the closeest chairlift is three hours away, I gotta ride it somewhere between races. I can do a lot of drops on my xc bike, but it's just not as fun with out the squish. Either I ride the xc or the dh bike, there isn't anything in between, yet...If there is no sarcasm about coming along next time I'm always looking for more people to ride with.
    I would love to come! I have a big bike too but I havent found a place to ride it or anybody to ride with for that matter. There was only a small amount of sarcasm...is that ok. dredevil@yahoo.com

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I would love to come! I have a big bike too but I havent found a place to ride it or anybody to ride with for that matter. There was only a small amount of sarcasm...is that ok. dredevil@yahoo.com

I'm thinkin I might ride rocky on sunday. Let me know if you want to come meet up.

mtbr member
    I'm thinkin I might ride rocky on sunday. Let me know if you want to come meet up.
    Great Ride on Sundauy...Thanks!!! and good luck at Mt. Snow

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Great Ride on Sundauy...Thanks!!! and good luck at Mt. Snow
    Hell Yeah! Thanks! It was fun rippin the dh, can't wait to hit up Diablo! I'll def let you know when I'm trying to go

mtbr member
    I would love to get some DH riding in while I'm in town. I just hit up Diablo on Monday and it was awesome. If anyone wants to ride e-mail at michael.watson57@gmail.com.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DHFreak
    I would love to get some DH riding in while I'm in town. I just hit up Diablo on Monday and it was awesome. If anyone wants to ride e-mail at michael.watson57@gmail.com.
    How long will you be in town? I'm leaving tomorrow for Mt. Snow, VT, and won't be back till sunday. So next week I would be down for some more dh riding. Do you want to ride fast flowy trails or freeride/jump trails? Unfortunately there in two different places, but I'm down for either.

mtbr member
    I am down for either one. Drops and jumps are a lot of fun as long as they are big. I will be in town untill the 26th or 27th of July. Just hit me up with a time and place and down for a ride.
    Mike

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I am down for either one. Drops and jumps are a lot of fun as long as they are big. I will be in town untill the 26th or 27th of July. Just hit me up with a time and place and down for a ride.
    Mike
    Def hit you up next week. How much driving would you do? Would you consider driving to Reading? There's lots of freeride stuff up there. Probably like 1hr drive for you, but it will be worth it. Theres lots of trail to ride around York, but if you wanna jump and drop, we should go up to Reading. Let me know what you think.

mtbr member
    Def hit you up next week. How much driving would you do? Would you consider driving to Reading? There's lots of freeride stuff up there. Probably like 1hr drive for you, but it will be worth it. Theres lots of trail to ride around York, but if you wanna jump and drop, we should go up to Reading. Let me know what you think.
    I would prefer not to drive to far. I have A LOT of driving coming up at the end of next week. So, if we could stay in the York County area that would be good. Drops and jumps are not that important. I just want to get some good fast riding in.
    Mike

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I would prefer not to drive to far. I have A LOT of driving coming up at the end of next week. So, if we could stay in the York County area that would be good. Drops and jumps are not that important. I just want to get some good fast riding in.
    Mike
    Wanna meet up at Rocky Ridge at like 6:30 tomorrow evening back parking lot?

mtbr member
    Yeah, that sounds good to me. I will be in a black Nissan Frontier. I have not been to Rocky Ridge in about 9 yrs. I am assuming the back parking lot is still the sam e back parking lot that has always been there?
    Mike

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Yeah the back parking lot is still in the back I drive a dark blue vdub passat. I'm sure I'll be the only other rider on a big bike so shouldn't be hard to spot me.

Jeff if you see this stop on by if you can.

banned
    Another thread hijack:

Are there any places in Pa where I can find long downhills? I'm not necessarily looking for DH/FR, but some place where I can ride up and be rewarded with a nice, long downhill. Rothrock has some downhills, but they were not long enough or continuous enough.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Another thread hijack:

Are there any places in Pa where I can find long downhills? I'm not necessarily looking for DH/FR, but some place where I can ride up and be rewarded with a nice, long downhill. Rothrock has some downhills, but they were not long enough or continuous enough.
    THen you didnt hit the right trail. You need to do the loop out in Detwiler that links to the Long Mountain Trail. The LMT is more of a one and a half track, but it is a very nice downhill. Another place to look would be over in the Coopers Gap area and up on Broad mountain (same area). Over there you can get some good descents.

mtbr member
    Hey, something came up. I am not going to be able to make it.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast