Thread: York County?

mtbr member
    May 2008

York County?

I'm going to York in a week and a half. I grew up there but never MTB'd there. Where's the best spot? Rocky Ridge? Lake Redman?

my church is the woods
    Mt. Rose...

seriously though, Rocky Ridge has some decent trails...just don't wink at any dudes hanging out on the trailside.

banned
    Apr 2009
    try these guys. they should know best in that area.

http://www.yamba.org/contact/contact.html

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Rocky Ridge has more technical trails and is always open. Redman is typical lake trails,smooth st but the trails are closed when muddy,wet.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ok, rocky ridge it is. No winking and I think I have done all at MT.Rose I will ever do!

Now, the question is SS or multi gear? Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Rocky Ridge is definitely the best of the York County Parks, and there's more than enough trails in there to keep you occupied for a solid afternoon. I ride single speed in there all the time, so as long as you have climbing legs it's no problem. Here's a video I made from back over the summer to give you some idea of what to expect, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ijiTAZhrA

Also as already said try out the new forum with YAMBA!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ok. I will. I am coming up on the 21st if anyone wants to ride that weekend. Thanks for the video. It's great. I just hope the rain holds up for one weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have to put a new fork on my bike but I will most likely be riding around noon. Blue Fisher. It would be good to have someone show me around. No ****.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have to work on Saturday or else I would show you around. The weather looks like it should be great, so have a good time!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    There's going to be a few of us up at Rocky Ridge Saturday morning doing a mini trailwork starting at 9. I will be bringing my bike along to ride afterwords. We'll probably get done w/ the trailwork around 10-1030. We'll start riding a little after that and we could swing back to the parking lot to meet you at some point to show you around.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pwh4130
    I have to put a new fork on my bike but I will most likely be riding around noon. Blue Fisher. It would be good to have someone show me around. No ****.
    Nice to meet you today and thanks for the help with our trailwork. Hope you liked the trails we showed you today and that you can get back to ride them again sometime. Here's two pictures I managed to take w/ you in.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks again to all you guys for everything. I had a good time even though I have to replace my derailleur hanger. Small price to pay for getting rattled on your rocks.