mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Listen! Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association

WELCOME TO THE WYOMING VALLEY MOUNTAIN BIKE ASSOCIATION

On behalf of the WVMTBA and it’s founding members, Chris Stine & Kevin Czekalski, we want to welcome the mountain bike community to our new home here on the internet.
    Our groups mission and focus is very simple. We are committed to designing, maintaining and promoting the trails that we have developed in the Francis Slocum State Park and surrounding area and to work with the park management . Also, we have agreed to work within the park structure to educate the new rider as well as ALL users of the park trail system, be it the bike riders, hikers or sportsmen to the proper use and etiquette of using the trails.
    The group is also committed to long term planning at the park. We all want to see more trails and usage throughout the park, that is no secret. The only way this will be accomplished is by working with the park manager and his staff, helping identify potential trails that can be utilized, and by also strengthening the existing trails. By showing the manager that we are a capable group devoted to his operation and the parks well being will bring an extension to the trail network.
    Unlike in the past and like we stated above, we are committed to Francis Slocum State Park. We feel we do not need to go from region to region and try to do “everything” That in itself is the wrong approach as there is too much for any one group to do. That is why there are so many fine clubs throughout the State of Pennsylvania. Every group has it’s own area to take care of and from the looks of things they are doing a great job of it.
    Once again, welcome to WVMTBA! Join the message forum, post up your pics..and tell us where you ride. This site is for EVERYONE to utilize, but most importantly, for the promotion of our chosen riding area, Francis Slocum State Park!
    Kevin Czekalski,
    Chris Stine
    Founding Members
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association

www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Just so you know..our site and shoutbox are now completely operational...finally got rid of all the spammers and junk.

Also, we have stickers now as well. Contact me here or email Plainsbike@epix.net and I'll see that you get one!

Kevin
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Just wanted to say thank you to all that emailed me yesterday wishing us well with WVMTBA. I got some requests for stickers but as I was replying my email server on my house comp took a big dump on me and I'm not sure if they went through or not, so...Brad for Downingtown, Trevor from Lebanon, Jerry from Albrightsville.... Stickers On the way!!

Also, Kevin from NMBA....I recieved your email as well about the Summit meeting..can you re-email it to me? (lost that as well ) I need the dates as well. If it is the weekend of the 17th thru the 19th I will be out of the country (London Calling!!) and the following weekend I will be also..out of town...but don't worry, we'll hook up.

Once again..Thank You all for the well wishes!!

Kevin
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Want to say thanks to the Hubbard group for all the props and well wishes that they gave to Chris last night during their club ride. I wish I could get up there again but working 'till 7pm kinda sux. Anyway's..thanks guys for the support!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Good job! October 26 work day at Frances Slocum

Here are some pictures of our work day at Frances Slocum State Park on Sunday October 26, 2008. We Modify an existing bridge on Mocanaquah Trail or as we know it BLT. We increased the drainage flow under the bridge and extended the entrance to the bridge to smooth out the transition to it.
    I would like to thank,
    Gary Mikulski
    Dave White

Our bridge designers
    Brian Willsie
    Mike Kransnahill

And the Park Staff

Thank you,
    Chris Stine
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Here are the Photos.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I think that was the fastest workday ever. Probably because we didn't have to go hunting for rocks this time - they were already there!

mtbr member
    Welcome fellas! Just in case you aren't aware, there is a PA MTB group that met twice so far and it was all the groups from around the state. We basically are brainstorming how we can join forces to make a larger impact in the entire state. We also rode our asses off in central PA and it was awesome! The website is in the works and should be live early next year. However there is a google group going where we are talking things out. Conact Frank to get on board: francis.maguire@gmail.com
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Good job! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazcustoms
    I think that was the fastest workday ever. Probably because we didn't have to go hunting for rocks this time - they were already there!
    It was our fastest workday we ever had . Fast workday = more ride time YEA, and we had our Master Bridge Builders on hand too . Thanks again guys.

Chris

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt_merchant
    Welcome fellas! Just in case you aren't aware, there is a PA MTB group that met twice so far and it was all the groups from around the state. We basically are brainstorming how we can join forces to make a larger impact in the entire state. We also rode our asses off in central PA and it was awesome! The website is in the works and should be live early next year. However there is a google group going where we are talking things out. Conact Frank to get on board: francis.maguire@gmail.com
    Thanks. Please keep me inforned on what is going on on and when you get the web site up and going could you please pass it on.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Good job! CDH Halloween Ride

Hi everyone,

Here are photos taken at the Gary’s CDH Halloween Ride . If you want to see more go to www.wvmtba.com and on the forums pages. Gary has some of his posted too.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Hahahahaha! Priceless!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Good job! Trails Are Finally Free Of Leaves

Yea a week late, BUT I would like to THANK Gary and Larry on Thanksgiving for helping me with leaf removal on the trails. We had a great ride after words thanks again. Sorry I didn't get any photos forgot my camera.

Chris
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foto71
    Yea a week late, BUT I would like to THANK Gary and Larry on Thanksgiving for helping me with leaf removal on the trails. We had a great ride after words thanks again. Sorry I didn't get any photos forgot my camera.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Sorry missed a thanks. Thank you Jon at A&R Building Supply for loaning up the super leaf blower.

Thank you Jon

Chris
    WVMTBA

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    mmmm freshly leaf blown trails. There is something about them that is just sooo sexy!! hehe

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

... and if we just ... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I would lilke to wish everyone a Merry Chistmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks to everyone who helped us in 2008 with the Frances Slocum State Park mountain bike trails.

See you all in 2009.

Chris Stine
    WVMTBA
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Trail condition at Frances Slocum 2-15-09

Took a walk at the park on Sunday. Trail held up great after the brutal winter we had so far. The mud was not as bad as i thought it would have been. Still some ice on about 15% of the trails and the leave removal still held up since Thanksgiving work day we had. I cleaned up some minor blowdowns and some minior fixes here and there. So spring around the corner we will be having our annual Spring clean up so keep posted.

Little ice at the entrance

Bridge on Mocanaquah trail

Stream on Mocanaquah trail flowing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2-15-09

Some blowdowns on Mocanaquah

Cleaned up.

Gutter working well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2-15-09

Bridge on Deer Trial holding up great.

A little ice and snow on Hilltop AKA False flat.

Still some ice and snow on Roman Road trail

Jedi Mike and Brian's bridge holding up great.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2-15-09

1K Tail

Larry and I tried to remove this with out a saw on the last workday but didn't happen. So this time I used a saw the Dr. John gave me and removed it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2-15-09

Buck Trail a little slippery but sides are good to ride on.

Latest bridge project held up great after the winter we had so far.

Chris Stine
    Founder
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Assocation
    www.wvmtba.com