mtbr member
    Nov 2011

World end state park

Can anyone tell me if there's trails there? Are bikes allowed? Are there trails anywhere near Worlds end? Looking for single track or fire roads read there's snowmobile trails in the park but it doesn't say anything about bikes bing allowed

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there's trails there? Are bikes allowed? Are there trails anywhere near Worlds end? Looking for single track or fire roads read there's snowmobile trails in the park but it doesn't say anything about bikes bing allowed
    Because they are not allowed, George if you want info on state parks/forests, email the park manager who's email is always found on the site!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'll second 'call the park manager and ask', that's one of the things those guys do in their jobs.

Even if the trails in the WE State Park (within the Loyalsock Creek canyon) are open to biking, they are so steep and rocky that you'd not want to ride them. They're much better for hiking. Secondly, WE State Park is bounded on the south and east by State Forest lands, and there is definitely some riding in there. But it being late winter, I'd question if things are still wet and muddy in there. There was some intense flooding damage to the unpaved access roads within WE State Park last year, the park offices will know current status.

P.S: Here's an old thread, with a nice map: Eagles Mere, PA

One last point, the town of Eagles Mere is a few miles south and uphill of WE SP and the Loyalsock Creek canyon. The rides in the above map are all centered there, south of WE State Park, so you might want to search for that instead of WE SP. And the State Forest has changed names from the map linked, it is now named the Loyalsock State Forest (could be wrong on this).

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

We went thorough this a few years back...

...and I emailed the PM he said "no biking was allowed in the forest either" even though I knew better, but George you better do a lot of research or have guide!

I ride moto trials out that way and you can get very lost!

mtbr member
    I love when these threads resurface, brings back some great memories - both of some excellent riding and some fun family camping and tubing on the loyalsock at worlds end. need to get out there again.
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    This is one of my favorite repeating threads..
    I spent some time wandering around out there a few years ago, the area is so beautiful, but I never found anything that great. I'm sure the trails are there, just could not find them. Locals are pretty tight lipped, and for good reason. Send me a p.m. if you find anything.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Strava Global Heatmap

I was looking for some stuff in this area. So I just seen the strava heatmap and I see people do bike it. Figured I would paste the link here for future reference.