Jason

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! A word of advise.

Do not eat an entire large Stromboli all by yourself the night before a ride. Don't ask how I know this. Just take my advice and don't do it.
    Jason

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    There's a joint down there street from where I live that sells two pound cheese-steak samwiches, you maybe should try that instead?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Damn I'm hungry!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Makes me want to hit Frank's here on Perkiomen Ave here in Reading!!

I ride well when full up on pasta and pizza. (most of the time...)

Did you ever have ham?

A word of advise.

I have found that it is good advice to stay away from Sheetz hot dogs, especially if they have mustard, onions, chili, saurekraut, and jalapenos!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    There is a trail a Geisinger called "Blue Puke" for exactly that reason.

Jason
    The Stromboli was one reason my ride on the Susquehanna Warrior Trail was cut short at just 9 miles. I was clenching cheek for half of the ride! Not to mention the abdominal cramps and generally feeling lousy. Cheap, greasy cheese and low quality fatty meat along with all that wonderful dough has a negative effect on me. I'm riding today so I kept it light last night with some curry chicken and vegetables along with some pork fried rice. Lol... Hoping todays road ride goes better. Oh, I may have squeezed in an egg roll last night also... Here's to hoping!!! LOL
    Jason

Did you ever have ham?

A word of advise.

Funny how that works...when I was younger and had a cast-iron stomach I could eat anything I wanted without worries. Now that I am, let's say more mature, I have to watch what I do. Like you said greasy food seems to be the biggest problem I have. I have also found out that if I don't eat within three hours of a ride, my stomach is usually ok. If I eat too soon before a ride, it is a crap shoot...pun intended!!! LOL!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

No good

Related story:

A few years back at the Ole Bull MTB Race they offered free coffee and donuts before hand. The start of the race was a 2 mile climb up and old road and log slide called Swartswood trail at the top there were many guys hanging over their handlebars giving it up and the rest of us were riding through the puking fest!

YUK
    ride

Blue Pig
    How can you guys eat that heavy food before or after a ride? If I was to eat one of those then I would be posting in the Barf! thread for sure!
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Related story:

A few years back at the Ole Bull MTB Race they offered free coffee and donuts before hand. The start of the race was a 2 mile climb up and old road and log slide called Swartswood trail at the top there were many guys hanging over their handlebars giving it up and the rest of us were riding through the puking fest!

YUK
    ride
    Awesome story! Do they make special tires for riding through that sort of thing? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Blksocks
    How can you guys eat that heavy food before or after a ride? If I was to eat one of those then I would be posting in the Barf! thread for sure!
    The odd thing is that I ate that stromboli the night prior. Not even the same day! I really need to stick with lean meats and veggys from here on out. The problem with that statement is I'm sitting here eating cheap boxed pizza as I type this. I seriously need to get rid of this gut and cut all this bad food out of my diet. Maybe I'll start hitting the gym too. I have a free lifetime membership at one of the local universities. I should start that soon... lol
    Jason

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by dexetr30
    Awesome story! Do they make special tires for riding through that sort of thing? LOL

The odd thing is that I ate that stromboli the night prior. Not even the same day! I really need to stick with lean meats and veggys from here on out. The problem with that statement is I'm sitting here eating cheap boxed pizza as I type this. I seriously need to get rid of this gut and cut all this bad food out of my diet. Maybe I'll start hitting the gym too. I have a free lifetime membership at one of the local universities. I should start that soon... lol
    Ah... love the gym. I kinda feel bad right now as I got done with another 4hr ride and had a few M&M's... not sure how it builds up gas but w/e!

Did you ever have ham?
    I know I have to work on cleaning up my nutrition and staying away from junk food...easier said than done!!!

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    I know I have to work on cleaning up my nutrition and staying away from junk food...easier said than done!!!
    Esp when food talks to you... Donuts/cookies never stop talking...