Hip
    mtbr member

Wissy, Philly....vid and pics

mtbr member

Wissahickon Trail Permits

X Post....

Thought this would be appropriate to post... Here is the link to acquire a Wissahickon / Pennypack trail permit - http://www.fairmountpark.org/TrailPermits.asp

Take this for what it is worth.... I once got popped for not having a pass around 1992. The Ranger gave me a copy of this form and told me to fill it out, photo copy it with my check and mail it in. Since the process took a couple weeks, he told me to carry the photocopy with me until I got the pass. Ironically, a month later I got stopped again and had the photocopy with me. The ranger said thank you for the support.

Now I don't know if that holds true today, but it beats not going riding. On a side note... I have not seen another Ranger in the Wissahickon park since that second time in 1992.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn72
    X Post....

Thought this would be appropriate to post... Here is the link to acquire a Wissahickon / Pennypack trail permit - http://www.fairmountpark.org/TrailPermits.asp

Take this for what it is worth.... I once got popped for not having a pass around 1992. The Ranger gave me a copy of this form and told me to fill it out, photo copy it with my check and mail it in. Since the process took a couple weeks, he told me to carry the photocopy with me until I got the pass. Ironically, a month later I got stopped again and had the photocopy with me. The ranger said thank you for the support.

Now I don't know if that holds true today, but it beats not going riding. On a side note... I have not seen another Ranger in the Wissahickon park since that second time in 1992.
    Are you sure this was in 1992. I think the current "trail permit" plan went into effect close to 1996-1997.

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Are you sure this was in 1992. I think the current "trail permit" plan went into effect close to 1996-1997.
    not 100% sure. but I know I was on my trek 930 which I traded in for a purple EWR in 94. But I could be wrong, I often am. too many bumps to the head.
    Last edited by kenn72; 04-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain