wot no bike?

New question here. The OTHER Wissahickon Valley Park (MontCo)

Is anyone familiar with the Wissahickon Valley Park that resides in Montgomery county, PA rather than Philadelphia county? It's detatched from Fairmount Park and is a bit south of Fort Washington state park, running north-south to the west of Bethlehem Pike. I'm not sure but it may reside in Flourtown. Anyway, I'm trying to plan a good route for a bike commute to/from work, and if that park has paved and/or packed trails running north-south, I could use it as part of my trip. Anybody familiar? Online maps don't show any obvious trails but then again there's heavy tree cover.

TIA,

-p

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    the one that runs on Morrir road in ambler, right across from butler pk?

wot no bike?
    I just checked on Google Maps -- no, not that but if you pull-up that place on Google Maps and drag the map, south of that place will be Fort Washington State Park, and just south-east of FWSP is what Google has labeled "Wissahickon Valley Park".

Incidently, what's the deal with the place you're talking about, is there hardpack/cement paths that will take me north-south through there? That is also on my way.

-p

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    i mountain biked in the park one time many years ago. i seem to remember a paved trail but you'll definitely want to check it out rather than take my crappy memory for it.