X/C trail rider

New question here. Wissahickon Valley or other recommended places for a ride in or near Philly

I'm going to be in Philly for a quick visit on Monday. I started looking up reviews on here of places to ride. Sounds like Wissahickon Valley is good place. Can anyone give a newer review of this park. I am looking for a place to ride this coming Monday the 13th. Is this park open every day also looking for an address and/or directions? Any other recommended places?
    Thanks.

stumpjumper2008
    Park Here

Trail map is here

The trails are generally pretty easy to follow...

wot no bike?
    If you're going to be in Philly for a day that's the place to ride. ~18 mile loop with drop-out points throughout the way. Just make sure you stay off the trails that don't permit bikes, there's plenty to ride that's legal and not piss-off the people who don't want us in there to begin with.
    pete

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Hit the Wissy. It is not to be missed now with the couple newly completed IMBA sections. This places takes a bit to get used to, but once you do you'll never be the same!

X/C trail rider
    Thanks for the reply's!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i also ride belmont plateau freqently. Just to give you more options.

As far as I know there is no trail map, but its not too big and trails go all over the place.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...19312&t=h&z=16

You can access the trails by following the service road off Montgomery into the woods