Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387

    Wissahickon Riding Buddy?

    Just thought I'd throw this out there. Looking for someone of average ability to ride with once or twice a week for the summer. I've been riding since '91, but haven't been able to ride very often over the last few years because of work and family obligations. Basically, my physical conditioning is lacking, so I'm not about to ride with an "expert" type rider. Just need someone to force me to get out and ride regularly! lol If anyone is interested, send me a PM or e-mail me at sidprot5@aol.com
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman12
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. Looking for someone of average ability to ride with once or twice a week for the summer. I've been riding since '91, but haven't been able to ride very often over the last few years because of work and family obligations. Basically, my physical conditioning is lacking, so I'm not about to ride with an "expert" type rider. Just need someone to force me to get out and ride regularly! lol If anyone is interested, send me a PM or e-mail me at sidprot5@aol.com
    Thanks.
    I hear ya, I am in pretty much the same boat. We had two kids over the last 3 years and it is hard to get the time to do anything. I am forced to ride early in the morning before everyone is up. An even then I am only getting out 2-3 a week at the most.

  3. #3
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by anand
    I hear ya, I am in pretty much the same boat. We had two kids over the last 3 years and it is hard to get the time to do anything. I am forced to ride early in the morning before everyone is up. An even then I am only getting out 2-3 a week at the most.
    Yeah, it's pretty tough sometimes. We've got a 15 m/o and, normally, my wife and I work opposite shifts (first for her, second ['til midnite] for me) so that eats into my time even more. She's on disability right now with back problems, so I figured I'd try to make the most of my "play" time and try to get out some. Plus, I've got a friend coming home from Chicago in August, and I need to be able to hang. He absolutely handed me my a$$ last year, making up for all the times I owned him on the trails in the past! lol
    (LH, if you're on here, ya know I'm f**king with ya!)

  4. #4
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387
    Well, wish me luck! I'll be heading out Friday morning for my first ride since last September. Terrible, I know. I guess I'll pretty much go easy, try to build up to some good long rides. If anyone sees a "Solar Citrus" i-Drive sitting on the side of the trail, say hello!

    Peace.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: glorth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman12
    Well, wish me luck! I'll be heading out Friday morning for my first ride since last September. Terrible, I know. I guess I'll pretty much go easy, try to build up to some good long rides. If anyone sees a "Solar Citrus" i-Drive sitting on the side of the trail, say hello!

    Peace.
    What time ya goin' dude?

  6. #6
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgorth
    What time ya goin' dude?
    Actually, I went this past Friday at about 11:00. Won't be out at all this week as I'm taking the family to Ocean City, Md. My next ride will probably be July 2nd, and possibly on the 4th again.
    Went out for about an hour-and-a-half. Just took it easy on the bridal path, taking in the scenery and such. I'll more than likely do the same on my next ride, maybe longer though. After that, all bets (on my safety!) are off. Legs didn't feel too bad, but damn, I gotta quit smoking!!

  7. #7
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387
    If anyone is up for it, I'll be heading out from Bruno's at about 9:00 a.m. Friday, the 2nd. Just another easier ride, maybe a few trails. Unless, of course, someone shows up to push me a little harder.

    Peace.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: glorth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    537
    Was ist das "Bruno's"? Too bad, I work on Fridays. I'd need to hit the trail at like 6:30.

  9. #9
    Suburban Redneck
    Reputation: boxman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    387
    Bruno's is a small resturant/bistro at Germantown Pike and Wissahickon Avenue. It's right up the road from the main trailhead in Montco. That's where I usually start from.
    Anywho, if Friday doesn't work, I'll also be going out on Sunday or Monday............

Similar Threads

  1. Santa Cruz riding - need advice (xpost: passion)
    By Couch_Surfer in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
  2. new class of riding
    By Ultra Magnus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 05:23 PM
  3. March, Mud and riding
    By Doug in forum Connecticut, Rhode Island
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 01:43 PM
  4. Took 2 years off riding
    By brodyhead in forum Passion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 06:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •