Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    the unvarnished nonsense

Wiss expected to be crowded this weekend...

(AP Release: 05/13/2008) Harrisburg, PA - Pennsylvania DNR offices are expecting heavier than normal trail traffic in the Wiss system and other trail systems in the southeastern part of the Commonwealth this coming weekend. Said DNR Officer Joe Primanti, "With spring weather finally arriving we anticipate heavier than normal use on trails, especially in the Philadelphia area. When you add in the fact that the Pittsburgh Penguins are about to sweep the Philadelphia Flyers out of the Stanley Cup playoffs this coming Thursday night, there won't be any reason to stay inside and watch TV."

LETS GO PENS!!!

GO HOME FLYERS!!!

Enjoy your off season.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    (AP Release: 05/13/2008) Harrisburg, PA - Pennsylvania DNR offices are expecting heavier than normal trail traffic in the Wiss system and other trail systems in the southeastern part of the Commonwealth this coming weekend. Said DNR Officer Joe Primanti, "With spring weather finally arriving we anticipate heavier than normal use on trails, especially in the Philadelphia area. When you add in the fact that the Pittsburgh Penguins are about to sweep the Philadelphia Flyers out of the Stanley Cup playoffs this coming Thursday night, there won't be any reason to stay inside and watch TV."

LETS GO PENS!!!

GO HOME FLYERS!!!

Enjoy your off season.
    Uh, the Flyers are home. And I dont trust any quote from a Primanti, god knows they dont even know what a cheesesteak is.

Nice no rass
    A little less than 4 hours to face off. Hopefully a little less than 7 hours until the Pens are hoisting the EC Trophy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    here we go penguins, here we go!!!!

f'n cryers.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Scoreboard!!!!!!

Road Bike Review Member
    If the Flyers didn't lose Timmonen this would be a different series. Crosby is a whiny beotch. I hope Hatcher knocks more of his teeth out.
    Air Nine One Nine, and a few Cannondale....rip Salsa
    ...work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

the unvarnished nonsense
    Congrats to the Flyers for not getting swept. A very valiant performance for your last home game. See you next year.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygui
    And I dont trust any quote from a Primanti, god knows they dont even know what a cheesesteak is.
    Ah yes, the one proverbial gift of Philly culture (pardon the oxymoron), the cheesesteak. Only in Philly would they take something so painfully obvious and screw it up. Instead of making them with, say, real cheese and real steak, they make them with Steak-ums and Cheeze-Whiz. Now, pardon us while we turn our attention to Detroit. Bye-bye.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Congrats to the Flyers for not getting swept. A very valiant performance for your last home game. See you next year.
    Yup, its only fitting to close this thing out at home. Hey, at least the Flyers finally showed up for a game to make things interesting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I'd be careful you Pen fans.

I have grown up a Yankee fan all my life, and a couple of years ago my friends and I talked crap about the Yanks being up 3-0 over Boston. We all know how that panned out.

Thats the beauty of close rivalry's. You just never know.

mtbr member
    Let those Pens fans have their moment. I mean after something like 10 years of sucking, then just stockpiling draft picks because they sucked, having the team threaten to leave town because they were so bad no one would come watch them play, then have a superstar who whines so much the league figured we better give this kid some breaks, because they didn't need the embarassment of having one of their supposed stars actually breaking down in tears on the ice after every non-call, the law of averages has to work out in their favor eventually. They've received every break the league could possibly give them next to just handing them the cup. Enjoy your moment, because your financially sinking club won't be together for very long.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Ah yes, the one proverbial gift of Philly culture (pardon the oxymoron), the cheesesteak. Only in Philly would they take something so painfully obvious and screw it up. Instead of making them with, say, real cheese and real steak, they make them with Steak-ums and Cheeze-Whiz. Now, pardon us while we turn our attention to Detroit. Bye-bye.
    I think you have it wrong. Maybe in the sad little shops in Pittsburgh would they use steak-um, but here they use thinly sliced rib eye or something similar depending on the location. Now wiz, its an acquired taste. Everywhere also has American if you can't hang. But calling a cheeseburger a cheesesteak.....well thats just sad. Not to mention putting it on sliced bread with french fries and slaw. And for the record, its hard to screw up something that you invented, don't you think? How bout them Flyers? Oh and i forgot to mention... "Philly culture (pardon the oxymoron)" means a lot coming from someone who lives in West Virginia, Pittsburgh must seem like a beacon of hope. Poor guy.
    Last edited by Phillygui; 05-16-2008 at 11:41 AM.

in the getto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky351
    Let those Pens fans have their moment. I mean after something like 10 years of sucking, then just stockpiling draft picks because they sucked, having the team threaten to leave town because they were so bad no one would come watch them play, then have a superstar who whines so much the league figured we better give this kid some breaks, because they didn't need the embarassment of having one of their supposed stars actually breaking down in tears on the ice after every non-call, the law of averages has to work out in their favor eventually. They've received every break the league could possibly give them next to just handing them the cup. Enjoy your moment, because your financially sinking club won't be together for very long.
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

Road Bike Review Member
    Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Air Nine One Nine, and a few Cannondale....rip Salsa
    ...work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

Nice no rass
    11-2. Anyone got that beat? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Sorry, 9-7 isn't even close.

mtbr member
    "i wob't two gow hobme..." malone after mistaking hatch's knuckles for a primanti samwich
    without hops the world stops

Nice no rass
    Ahh yes, Hatcher. He handles the puck as well as he lines up his hits. World class player that Hatcher.

Last edited by Too Rass Goat; 05-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygui
    I think you have it wrong. Maybe in the sad little shops in Pittsburgh would they use steak-um, but here they use thinly sliced rib eye or something similar depending on the location. Now wiz, its an acquired taste. Everywhere also has American if you can't hang. But calling a cheeseburger a cheesesteak.....well thats just sad. Not to mention putting it on sliced bread with french fries and slaw. And for the record, its hard to screw up something that you invented, don't you think? How bout them Flyers? Oh and i forgot to mention... "Philly culture (pardon the oxymoron)" means a lot coming from someone who lives in West Virginia, Pittsburgh must seem like a beacon of hope. Poor guy.
    The fact that primantis makes their cheesesteaks out of ground beef tells you how low on the priority list it is for them. I honestly don't even know why it is on the menu. It must be great living in Philadelphia playing second fiddle to NYC. How are those 10,000 losses treating the Philly fans? (Of course, the Pirates can't be far behind) "Philly Culture" is based on a fictional character. At least our statues are of real people. The Pens were due for a loss. Sunday is going to be fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jralz
    The fact that primantis makes their cheesesteaks out of ground beef tells you how low on the priority list it is for them. I honestly don't even know why it is on the menu. It must be great living in Philadelphia playing second fiddle to NYC. How are those 10,000 losses treating the Philly fans? (Of course, the Pirates can't be far behind) "Philly Culture" is based on a fictional character. At least our statues are of real people. The Pens were due for a loss. Sunday is going to be fun.
    Better then second fiddle to ....Ohio. Most people in Pittsburgh I saw were ordering the "cheesesteak" so I suppose they need to move it up the priority list. Those 10,000 losses took us to the playoffs last yea, you? Who are your statues of? Mister Rodgers and Gene Kelly (singing in the rain). Please do your homework before you start insulting Rocky. *Pittsburgh culture* Yins want to eat n'at? HAHAHA

Nice no rass
    Uhm, yeah. Last time I checked, Ben Franklin was indeed a real person and a major part of U.S. History.

Attacking the cities and culture is just smothered in weak sauce. Keep it to being about the teams.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    Uhm, yeah. Last time I checked, Ben Franklin was indeed a real person and a major part of U.S. History.

Attacking the cities and culture is just smothered in weak sauce. Keep it to being about the teams.
    It's all in fun. I must have forgotten the

Lets go Pens!

mtbr member
    I should have fought the crowds and went to Wiss today.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    mmmmmHA.

man, what a game. poor philly. i can't wait to see all the excuses you come up with now.

Nice no rass
    Way to go Pens! Yeah, Hartnell and company have whined to every media outlet they could find for this series...I doubt they stop crying tomorrow. The disallowed goal was close, but would it have mattered if it's 5-1 or 5-0? No.

The cup is coming home in 08!

mtbr member

why don't yinz get a clue?

Please...home to Detroit. If you were watching hockey, not just the Pens, you'd know that.

Anyway...as someone who lived in Pittsburgh for 8 years after graduating from Pitt, I have lots of love for da 'Burgh. The riding in Western PA is great. (this is a MTB website, right?)
    I miss living next to and riding Frick almost everyday.

BUT - as far as hockey, or Pittsburgh being a hockey town....get real.
    The team WAS GOING TO LEAVE.
    How can you even talk like you live in a real hockey town?

Admit it...this is just something to get fired up about until the Steelers start.
    Your guns are all clean, the girl's out getting a perm., the trails are too wet...got to do something!

And to rip Philly culture...one word - yinzer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast