Thread: Wiss to Belmont

mtbr member

Wiss to Belmont

My buddies and I have been having a great time at wiss (east and west side of the creek) and we just got into the trails across lincoln and had a blast. Our goal was to get to belmont though, and that's where things fell apart.

Do you need to ride pavement all the way from falls bridge to Montgomery drive? Where's the closest trail head into belmont from falls bridge?

We really want an "epic ride" from bells mill to belmont and back without riding pavement for a half hour each way. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I don't believe there is anyway to avoid pavement because of the river and I-76. Does anyone know if there are any trail heads on falls road? If so, that would be your closest point. You could also take a left off the bridge, and the first street that goes up on the right (strawberry mansion road??) will take you to greenland dr. I believe there are trail heads up there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Nah. Pile in the car, grab a cheesesteak and do an afternoon session at Belmont. Park at the plateau and enter behind the baseball fields.

MrR

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    it is pretty easy to link the 2 up by bike if you know belmont.

the easiest is to cross falls bridge, bear right on falls road, go under the schuykill then make a left on falls road (up the hill).

just as you get to the top of the climb you will notice a trail with a sign for the youth hostel (the trail is just before the giant apartment building). if you go in there you are in the backside of belmont right near lots of good trails.

should take you 10 minutes max from tommy guns to be back on the dirt.

there are trails even closer but when you learn belmont beter you'll figure out where those are; have fun!

now if anyone knows a pleasant way to bike from wiss to pennypack THAT is something i would like to know how to do better.

mtbr member
    Perfect. Thanks.