mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Williamsport riders

I'm a Williamsport native, but I did a search and didn't find anybody else. Any locals out there lurking?

Also, does anybody know who owns the small FR park down by the Faxon exit off I-180? I've been down there a few times last year but haven't run into many people, and haven't made it down there since the weather warmed up.

Glass Breaker
    Aug 2005
    I travel through there quite a bit and didn't know there was some fun to be had. Can you give more specifics on location; maybe on Google Maps?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I guess it's not so much a FR park as it is a big dirt pit. I rode down that way yesterday and it looks like it's been frequented by ATVs, which seems more fitting. Lots of sand in the sections next to the river bank. Anyway, there are a few small jumps but nothing like a lot of the FR riders here are used to. Very underwhelming and in pretty bad shape. Lots of broken glass.

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Not sure what type of riding you want to do, but there is a preserve up Warrensville road called Ryder park. There is some trail riding to be had up there. I have not been up there in a couple years.

There is more trails 30 min away in Rauchtown (sands springs road) or Lock Haven (Eagleton road) heading up 120 towards Renovo, (a little farther away).
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've heard about Eagleton and Rider Park, both are on my short list of places to visit this spring and summer.

I've been doing mostly road so far this spring, but I do like singletrack and I can't wait to get out on some trails.

Rider and Wrench

Trails

Anyone still ride the Water Authority (Mosquito Valley) or the goat path from Skyline? It has been some years (~10??) but I am heading up the end of May and hoping to sneak a quick ride in somewhere?
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Both are still in good shape. When you park at the top of skyline drive, take the grass path across the road from the paved path you take for the goat path. About a mile down on your right you'll see a trailhead. Pretty cool single track down to the road that the water authority is on. It's about a 15 minute ride down. Just be respectful as the trail lets out on someones property.

Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010
    Thread resurrection.

Finally getting a nice dry spell here. Anyone hit Ryder Park, or Rauchtown yet? I've been on the Water Company land, at least the water isn't flowing over the trail anymore. Post up, PM, whatever. I'm riding and wouldn't mind some company. I've got another group to ride with but they've been quiet so far.