Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Williamsport July 2013 (Water Authority, Rider Park, Ravensburg) WilkesBarre,Archbald

Decided I'd start a new thread as the other was pretty old.

Some back story: I work for state-wide company as a mapping/data analyst, and I'm tracking down information at various locations, most of which require me to spend one or two nights a week nearby. Lately it's been Williamsport, but next month it'll be Archbald, and in September it'll be WilkesBarre.

So far I've ridden Williamsport Municipal Water Authority and had a good time. It's not overly challenging, but the sheer size of the place means putting in some good mileage.

I'm hoping to find local folks to ride with at Rider Park, mostly to clear the snakes off the trail for me, and hope I'll be able to do the same in the WilkesBarre areas next month.

Any group rides in any of these locations on Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday? I'm really only in the area on those days.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

We ride Moon Lake park, near Wilkes-Barre every Wednesday at 6PM, GPS is in my sig line at the bottom of the thread.

Paul, while you're in Archibald you're just a few miles from Moosic Mountain. You're also very close to Merli Sarnoski. And Prompton. All of these trail systems are absolutely top-notch technical single rack.
    Moosic Trails Parking
    Merli Trails Parking
    Prompton Trails Parking
    Last edited by jonz; 07-17-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Wow looks like I'll be set once up in Scranton area.

Thanks for the easy to understand maps and parking coordinates.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Cedar Bike and Paddle has a ride on Thursday night at Lackawanna SP, but that does you no good as it's not Mon/Tues/Wed, but I think Sickler's bike shop has an organized ride on Mondays at Lackawanna state park, you could call the Clark's Summit store to check. I guess you have a full plate of choices now.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Wow looks like I'll be set once up in Scranton area.

Thanks for the easy to understand maps and parking coordinates.
    No problem.
    - Ride Prompton CCW, starting at the boat launch or the dam. This is a big ride because there's a huge lake in the middle. Trails are pretty easy to follow. Of the three trail systems, this is probably my favorite.
    - Ride Merli CW, hitting all of the blue trail spurs, which are the best. You'll probably get screwed up at the new horse barn, and a few more times. That map is REALLY old.
    - Ride Moosic however you want - lots of options.