mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Who's going to Dirt Fest?

Registered and all ready to go! I will not be camping though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'll be there along with at least 7 or 8 others. Looks like a great time for sure!

dsx
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Official Site Here: http://dirtfest.blogspot.com/

Found out about this a while back and have been registered for a few weeks. I just got into the sport last year and am pretty pumped about going to this as my first 'not-just-some-friends-in-the-woods' ride. Will be camping out with 2 or 3 others tagging along.

-DS

Rediscovered
    Went last year for the grand opening of the Allegrippis trails, and I have Dirtfest penciled in on my calendar this year. I love a good weekend at Raystown.

I'm attached to my bike.
    Where is this?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Near Huntingdon PA.

one trailhead link

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am definitely pumped to go to dirtfest!!!! Me and my boyz were never here at the trails at Raystown Lake, probably because they are 3 hours away, but have heard a lot of things about them, all good!!!!
    We went to the RCST BASH last year and it rained 30 hours straight, we went to Virginia the year before and it rained the first day and all night so hopefully we will get good dry conditions for our trip this year!!!
    I was checking out some videos on you tube and came across a couple of crashes that happened at Raystown. Looks like a lot of fast, flowy, fun singletrack. I paid the 6 dollars for the map and it was worth it. It gives you directions of the best routes to take and best direction to ride the trails. Also some of the proceeds go to buying tools to help maintain the trail system!!! If everyone got a map, then we wouldn't have to worry about crashing into each other on the trails I was looking at the peninsula that everyone will be camping on and couldn't help but think how small of an area it looks to hold what... around 800 people. I think this is the estimate of the quantity of people that are going to be there.

dsx
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Yeah; I'm not sure how many people they're going to try to fit into the camping grounds, or how many people they are expecting. As of this morning (03/13) there are 125 people registered (with about 90 of those registered as campers), as per the registration site. Still 9weeks of registrations left, however, so I can see that number going up.

I think I read there were about 400 people at the opening last year. To anyone that was there... with that many riders, how packed were the trails? Is there alot of stacking up or anything?

Rediscovered
    Quote Originally Posted by dsx
    Yeah; I'm not sure how many people they're going to try to fit into the camping grounds, or how many people they are expecting. As of this morning (03/13) there are 125 people registered (with about 90 of those registered as campers), as per the registration site. Still 9weeks of registrations left, however, so I can see that number going up.

I think I read there were about 400 people at the opening last year. To anyone that was there... with that many riders, how packed were the trails? Is there alot of stacking up or anything?
    I didn't think the trails were too bad. There were a few big groups, but nothing horrible, most people were out there in 2's and 3's.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This sounds pretty gnarley! Anybody going from NEPA?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Maybe. Interested.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Apaulo88
    Would like to if there is not a Moto race that weekend for me to attend!

ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'll be there w/ YAMBA. We have about 10-12 people so far. Most of us are staying in Big Meadow though so that we have real toilets and showers. That will be especially nice if it's hot, or rainy.

If you haven't been to Raystown this is the perfect time to go. The grand opening was great last year, and there should be more events this year. No food this time around, but that isn't to big of a deal.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hubbard will be there

Quote Originally Posted by Apaulo88
    A group from Hubbard will be there.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm planning on going with a couple of friends. I think I'll camp and just chill. I'll be the guy on the Beasley SS with yellow cages and pedals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Anybody else going?