Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004

Who wants to show me around Erie?

My girlfriend is living in Erie and well...I need to make some connections up there.

Anyone want to show me around the local parks and trail systems some weekend? I'm a fairly capable technical rider riding a 29er.

[0!][::][0!]
    whats funny is i just came here for the exact same information. ive been going to school here for the last 9 months and just recently had the chance to buy a new bike. gonna have to shake down the LBS for some riding spots

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Highmeyer Park, otherwise known as part of the Harbor Creek Township Parks looks to be a work in development.

Asbury Park - I've ridden there, kinda cool but short

Vultures Knob? Something NEPAMTB mentioned

and this guy posted his email willing to show riders around dalbrew@hotmail.com

asbury park a good place to build your skills back up? ive been off the bike for a little over a year now. i remember reading about that place in another thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Asbury is huge when you go across Millfair. Show up by the tennis courts on most Thursdays at 6:00pm. You can get 10 miles in easily, cool group that rides there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Lived here 5 years and currently in the process of moving out (partly 'cause there's no decent MTB trails/season). The best I found was the Westside Overland Trail around Sherman NY. It's a hiking trail, so it's out-and-back type riding, but still pretty fun.

My favorite section is at this location: Exit 86 East at the "Sherman" exit, go South on 76, turn left (east) on 474, about 2-3 miles trailhead on your left.

Don't go if it's rained in the last 3-4 days...as everywhere around Erie, the ground doesn't perk and the trail is very soft mud.
    whatever...

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I'm down for a Thursday night ride if I'm in the area again on that night. I'll be up for Sunday rides as well. The woods are my church.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sundays at 9:00am for Asbury.

been scratchin around here a little bit the last week or so.. i found the little trick section with the skinnies, drops and berm. i also found what i think is asbury field. at the top of a hill, turns into a grass loop with a "lookout" platform in the middle of it?

how does one get across millfair? and what pace do the group rides usually go at? im a bit more sluggish than i used to be these days and the GF's been coming with me, learning to ride using a rigid kona. id be interested in riding with a group but i wouldnt want to hold anybody up on a fast paced ride.