mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Who can tell me what to ride at Seven Tubs?

I plan on going to Seven Tubs soon and wondered if anyone could give me some info on where the best singletrack is. By 'the best' I mean something that is a nice length, where I can spend a couple of hours riding, with varying terrain geared towards XC.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Old Biker

Seven Tubs is not that long! Maybe 4 to 5 miles if you stretch it. There is land surrounding there, but it's not marked nor is it part of the park! The trail is very rocky and some trials skills are needed to ride it. Where are you coming from? Do you know the area at all? I can direct you towards other trails, but I don't know your timeline or how far you want to travel.

Jim Thorpe is more suited to longer trails.
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, 4 to 5 miles isn't much, I thought it was bigger then that. I was there once and rode the blue trail, which was nice, but I wanted to bring some friends along next time and didn't want to waste their time on something that short. I live in the Stroudsburg area, so I'm looking to stay within an hours drive. I've done Camelback, Glen Park, and Thorpe, just looking to branch out a bit.

Thanks for any help.

Old Biker

I don't know if you are into Rails to Trails. The D&H and the O&W near Carbondale have many miles of trails. I have many areas to ride, if you like watch this Forum for the Proformance Cycle Weekend Rides that I post. You and yours are welcome to join us if you like. My info is below if you want to email or call me at the shop. This weekend we are involved in motorcycle races, so we won't be Mt Biking.

Glad I could help

Keep Rid'in

LC
    proformance58@cs.com

Old Biker

I was just thinkng. Did you ever ride the Pohopoco forest on Rt 115? Its got more miles than Tubs and lots of connector trails. There are still a lot of blowdowns from the ice storm a few years back. Some trails are blocked. I rode it in November had a good time.
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I forgot about that place. I used to ride ATVs up there, but never thought about taking the MB. thanks, I'll give it a shot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    Old Biker

I was just thinkng. Did you ever ride the Pohopoco forest on Rt 115? Its got more miles than Tubs and lots of connector trails. There are still a lot of blowdowns from the ice storm a few years back. Some trails are blocked. I rode it in November had a good time.

Where is Pohonpoco Forest? I live on 115 and dont know where that is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    It's right off of 115 across from the racetrack. It is no longer called Pohopoco, it is now know as the Dixon R. Miller Recreation Area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oh ok. Up past me. I live just past Bear Creek and rarely head out 115 that direction. I was mentally still now by the tubs.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

tubbs trail

There are some added trails off of the blue hiking trail that will make the total around 6 miles. the additional trails start at the gate off of 115 just over the guard rail and will take you over a small bridge and you'll come out near the railroad tracks right near the stream. go on the tracks past the stream and there is a trail on either side of the tracks the one on the left is hard to see but is an out and back the one on the right will take you to the blue trail. You can also ride Mountain Park area starting at the Tubbs. you either have to cross a caved in bridge or take what the locals call the "goat path" which takes you up to the abandond railway corridor on top of the hill. There are plenty of Quad paths to explore. Around Town Bikes or Country Ski and Sport can tell you more about them or We will most likely be riding the Tubbs next Tuesday at 5:15 pm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Do you have a larger printable version of that picture.

Thanks,

Jack

Bwillsie:

Thanks for the Map.

I do know the other side if the mountain (Laurel Run) is now off limits to all b/c off the noise and dust from other forms of fun machines. There are no signs yet, but they will be posting them soon. It seems the town of Laurel Run has been given back the land they once had a town on before the mine fire. If you ride in from the Tubbs side you will be ok. Just don't park on the Laurel Run side.

Could be rumors.

LC
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member

Good job! Nice Map Brian............................................. ..............

Hope to ride there with you soon. Tuesdays are rough for me right now. My old neighbor big John just moved to East Mountain Apartments and he wants to start riding and running there too.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Seven Tubs Map in this thread.........

There is a Seven Tubs Map in this thread for those wondering where to ride when visiting ....
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........