mtbr member
    May 2006

White Clay Skills Trail

Can someone give me an accurate description as to how I get to the skills trail that I hear so much about.

I normally park at the Church Parking lot and ride the trail that runs parallel to that lot, across polly drummond, into white clay. I guess directions from the white clay parking lot would be a good starting point.

Much obliged

Hoopy Frood
    It's on the Brian's Field trail between Paper Mill Road and Smith Mill Road.

On this map, it's on the blue loop on the left side near the brown trail which connects to Nine Foot Road.

http://www.destateparks.com/wccsp/wccspmap.pdf

Hope that helps.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Excellent!

So, it would appear that if I am in the lot on Paper Mill Road, I take the trail to the left that runs through the cornfield, correct?

I only ask because I have only ridden there 2 times and I dont recall any of the trails being marked with names, but then again I was really paying attention.

Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was there for the first time yesterday, so I cant help you with directions. I can tell you that If you were on the skills trail, you would know it. Its marked at the top, and some of the obsticals are unmistakable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Start out at Nine Foot Rd. and follow the Bryans Field/ blue loop. It is well marked and you can't miss the Skills trail entrance.

mtbr member
    If you are parking on Paper Mill, that should be the Bryans Field loop main lot. You can go either way from the lot, if you go out to the left you can ride across the fields...those rollers are fun If you go straight down the main field you want to stay to the right through the first two forks. When you get to the fork in the woods stay left and ride up the hill. Not far you will see a sign (if its still there) and a bridge on the right. Its fun for a while...I haven't been down since last summer so I am not sure if anything has changed. There is a skinny that is a lot fun.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

W.M.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000cx
    If you are parking on Paper Mill, that should be the Bryans Field loop main lot. You can go either way from the lot, if you go out to the left you can ride across the fields...those rollers are fun If you go straight down the main field you want to stay to the right through the first two forks. When you get to the fork in the woods stay left and ride up the hill. Not far you will see a sign (if its still there) and a bridge on the right. Its fun for a while...I haven't been down since last summer so I am not sure if anything has changed. There is a skinny that is a lot fun.

sign is still there... this is my first season there (and riding for that matter) so dont know if its changed, but it IS fun and like everything else there - VERY well maintained...

teeter-tot is just as fun on a bike as they were off of one as a kid