Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Where you from, what and where do you ride?

Saw this on another State thread and thought I'd give it a whirl here in PA too. Post a pic of your ride if you have one!
    I live in Denver (between Lancaster and Reading) and Ride an 09 Cannondale Rush.
    I normally ride Gretna, French Creek and Mt.Penn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-captain-america-001.jpg  

The White Jeff W
    I'm Jeff. I live in Beaver Falls and you'll usually find me at Brady's Run on my white Chumba HX1

No moss...

banned
    Apr 2009
    I'm from Philly and built a 'Paragon', and ride from The Wiss (Philly), to Rocky Ridge (York, Pa.), to FAIR HILL (Md.).
    Last edited by 247; 05-16-2012 at 07:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    From Mountain Top, I ride a KHS XC-204, and I'm looking at places to ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-img_0107.jpg  

KHS XC-204

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Hi, I'm Bear, and I'm a bike-a-holic...

oh, right, sorry, wrong meeting.

I currently live in the Wilkes-Barre/Kingston area, my regular weekday riding has me ranging around the surrounding hills ( Francis Slocum SP, Moon Lake Park, 7 Tubs, CDH, Mountain Top, and hopefully this year I'll add Hubbard Mtn ). On weekends I tend to range further, for variety. I'm a huge believer that if you always ride the same thing you don't grow in skills, you only know how to ride what you always ride.

My Go-To bike since 2003 has been my Titus, which has gone through a lot of permutations. It started much more XC/AM leaning (flat bar, low stem, high saddle, only 5" travel) and currently leans way over the bar from AM into DH although I still pretty much take it anywhere (I'm dumb that way).

I'm seriously fortunate that I have a second bike (a Niner), which I also ride regularly. It's pretty much the polar opposite of the Titus while still being a MTB. It started as an Offer I Couldn't Refuse (for the frame) and evolved from parts standing around in boxes, second-hand, and swapped.

The Niner is a surprisingly adept all around trail bike, especially since I change the tires to 2.2" Kenda Nevegal, but it seriously keeps you light on the saddle what with having zero suspension. :P

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm in the heart of Williamsport, and I ride a 2009 DB Response Sport. I'm just getting back into riding after many years of being a fat, drunk, lazy college student. 2010 has been mostly road miles around the city, but I have been known to explore Mosquito Valley on occassion.

The bike is mostly stock for now, I have added bar ends and a computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-4466_523926899852_72102434_31030732_1291623_n.jpg  

Well, I guess I have to point out that this is a redundant thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/pennsylvania/pa-role-call-started-11-12-07-a-356422.html#post3744695

.....but last time I didn't post a photo, so.... I'm from Danville, though I spend my days in Wilkes-Barre. I ride a 2nd gen. Santa Cruz Blur XC (though I also have a Gary Fisher Paragon, that I ride only when my trusty steed is in for repairs.) Weekday rides are usually Mountain Top, Moon Lake, 7 Tubs, Geisinger. Weekends, anything is on the table, but personal faves are Roaring Creek, Merli, Prompton, Moosic Mt, Jim Thorpe, Rattling Creek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-kjfhtygfgh.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    "Well, I guess I have to point out that this is a redundant thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=3744695"

Sorry I totally forgot about that one. I even posted on it. Well, seems to be a lot of new people on here that may not have seen it, and some others that have new bikes that now have the opportunity to show them off with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugi
    Sorry I totally forgot about that one. I even posted on it. Well, seems to be a lot of new people on here that may not have seen it, and some others that have new bikes that now have the opportunity to show them off with pics.
    No, worries, wasn't trying to be a dick, just figured it would make sense to tie in the old thread as well.

mtbr member
    Kevin here..from Plains...Plains Bike Shop..... and I ride a Haro ShiftR3

My home trails are Frances Slocum State Park and all things Rail Bed related!

Hey Stano...you can join us at Frances Slocum Every Tuesday evening at 6pm for the group ride, and then to find out about all the other trail networks that our group is connected with go to:

wvmtba.com

Kevin at Plains Bike
    Facebook.com/Plains Bike Shop

mtbr member
    I'm Matt and I live in Maytown in western Lancaster county. I ride Gretna, Camp Mack, Rocky Ridge, and The Lakes mostly, but will ride anywhere. Just gave up on all the cushy suspension and now am rocking out a Soma Juice 29er w/ 80mm fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Howdy I'm Alex from the Back Mountain. I usually ride Moon, Francis Slocum, and the Tubs. Used to ride an 08 DB response but as of yesterday I am the new proud owner of a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp. Went directly from Around Town Bikes yesterday to Moon and wow its an amazing upgrade from my old rig

wounded knee
    Chuck (knee chuck) here, N.E. PA.
    I currently am riding a 2010 Specialized 29er Hardtail, here's a pic before I pulled all the accesories back off of it.
    I enjoy tight twisty singletrack.

I'm thinking about getting a FS, if not this year, next Summer for sure.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Blue Pig
    Bike: 09' Diamondback Response

ATM I ride the Michaux Forest Roads to test out my left knee that has kept me from riding for 7 years due to an injury.

I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

Nice no rass
    I'm from Ruffs Dale. You'll usually find me, my dog and my Dawg at Laurel Mountain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Live in York. Only bike I have ridden for the past year has been my Transition TransAM. Mainly ride the county parks here in York, but have hit up many of the riding spots along the Rt 30 corridor from Pburgh to Philly.

"Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    My '10 Rockhopper Expert Disk fresh off the showroom floor just a couple weeks ago Now has bar ends, broken comp, and scratches from getting my feet stuck in the pedals...

I'm from Shippensburg and mainly ride Michaux/pine grove furnace/big flat, but sometimes ride the Cumberland valley rail trail through the week, or scenic rides in Gettysburg when I feel like doing some battlefield touring and hoping around on devils den.

mtbr member

Lancaster City Resident...

I ride County park often, as well as; Mt. Gretna, Camp Mack, Rocky Ridge, White Clay, Reading (Mt. Penn). I am always interested in checking out something new Here are my rides; I divided them into 2 different camps, "sit-on", and, "standing".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-group1.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-group2.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-ged.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-badrobot.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-kingfisher.jpg  

mtbr member
    more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-matador.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-schwinn.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-mountvision.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-ferrous.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-inbred.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Awesome collection Bunnyhop!

mtbr member
    more, The airborne pic is the Bunker-Jump at Mt. Penn, I am riding the "badrobot" hardtail. The other riding pic was taken this past sat at Gretna on trail 15, I was riding my Fisher X-cal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-fatpossum.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-badrobotbunker_1024x768.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-xcalibur.jpg  

Where you from, what and where do you ride?-dscn2564_1024x768.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugi
    Awesome collection Bunnyhop!
    Thanks Lugi! I am really digging your rush! I bet that thing RIPS The colors on it are great too

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhopbikes
    I ride County park often, as well as; Mt. Gretna, Camp Mack, Rocky Ridge, White Clay, Reading (Mt. Penn). I am always interested in checking out something new Here are my rides; I divided them into 2 different camps, "sit-on", and, "standing".

Hey bunnyhopbikes...Do you think you have enough bikes? I see you said you ride Mt. Penn...Is that only DH or have you ridden on all the AM trails up there? That rock rollover there at Grena..we have a similar one but bigger up here at Mt. Penn...you ought to come try it out! I will post a picture of it. I took my kids up to see it and brought the camera with me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Here it is, I tried to upload the picture but couldn't because the file was too big. I then figured out that my camera can take a picture and make a smaller file for it...awesome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where you from, what and where do you ride?-sscn3832.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkerkonadawgdeluxepaul
    Hey bunnyhopbikes...Do you think you have enough bikes? I see you said you ride Mt. Penn...Is that only DH or have you ridden on all the AM trails up there? That rock rollover there at Grena..we have a similar one but bigger up here at Mt. Penn...you ought to come try it out! I will post a picture of it. I took my kids up to see it and brought the camera with me.
    I have only ridden the dh stuff at Mt. Penn. Where is that rock? I am pretty sure I saw you there on the shuttle day (4/10) with your two kids. Too bad you couldn't have joined us on the trails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast