Lets RIDE!

Where would you go....

....if you wanted to spend a 3 day weekend riding in Eastern PA or Jersey? We've got a bunch of guys, half from VT & NH, half from the DC area, looking to meet in the middle someplace, camp out, spend a few days riding, playing a little guitar, and enjoying a few malt beverages. Ideally some XC singletrack, not too grueling (some of these guys don't live in the mountains ). Enough riding to keep us amused for a few days, and if there was some lift-served riding in the area that would be cool too.

What do you think.....any ideas?

(cross-posted to the NJ forum)

Jim
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Good riding in PA...

French Creek & Blue Marsh are close to each other and have some nice single track, and few climbs, rocks...

Jim Thorpe has plenty great riding.

I know north Jersey has some real nice rides. I don't know if the Gov's budget cuts are affecting the state parks, but you might want to check first.

Not PA or NJ, but there's Middle Run, Fair hill, Brandywine... in DE and MD where you could ride for days and never hit the same trail twice.

Lots of other great rides, but I can't think of any that are real close together.

Anyway, sounds like a great time. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Could try wissahickon.

mtbr member

How about....

Merli-Sarnoski, Lackawanna State Park, and Prompton Dam. You could camp at Lackawanna State Park and ride the other 2 from there after a short car ride. All offer excellent riding.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Took the words right out of my mouth

That is a great 1, 2, 3, punch Jeff,

have fun ! !!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Another vote for Jim Thorpe, PA

Enough varied riding to keep you occupied for a long weekend. Possibly stay at the Mauch Chunk Lake State Park. Little "cabins" are avail. if you want to save the hassle of set-up/take-down of tents, etc.
    Plus, the park is only a little over 2.5 miles outside of the town of Jim Thorpe. So, if you wanted to head into town to hit a bar or for better than food that you'd cook up while camping, it's only a few minutes away.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Another one that agrees with Jeff...

I should change my signature back to what it was with the NEPA link, but I'm having fun with the current one. ttyl, Fahn