Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

where to stay??

968 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TT. 
#1 ·
in or around Jim Thorpe... looking for good camping and/or cheap cabins. will be staying for at least 3days and riding our azzes off, it would be nice to grab a cabin :rolleyes:

also what are three MUST ride spots around JT :confused:

#2 ·
TT. said:
in or around Jim Thorpe... looking for good camping and/or cheap cabins. will be staying for at least 3days and riding our azzes off, it would be nice to grab a cabin :rolleyes:

also what are three MUST ride spots around JT :confused:
There are lots of camping places around there. Mauch Chunk lake park has camping. And I think cabins too. It's a state park so their rates will be reasonable. Also some good riding right there.

Brigadoon Guest House. It's right in JT. We stayed there a few years ago. Nice place and priced reasonable. Should be cheap this time of year. It's basically a furnished apartment. 2br, bath, LR, full kitchen. 570-325-8160

#4 ·
http://www.jimthorpecamping.com/

This is where I usually stay. Unlike the Mauch Chunk State Park campground, JT Camping resort allows me to camp with my dog, and don't have a problem with open beer bottles.

It's between JT and the lake, easy to ride from the campground to do my favorite ride around JT. I think it's called the rim trail. It's basically a twisty enduro mx trail that follows the top of the ridge from Summit Hill to Mt. Pisgah. Plenty of tech stuff, cool views, singletrack, doubletrack, several DH options to end it early dropping you to the upper switchback railtrail.

#6 ·
dankilling said:
rim trail is a blast- do you enter at the cemetary?
Yup, go to the back corner of the cemetary. Go out the dirt road, turn right at the T, go a little more keep right at the Y then pick up singletrack on the right. Follow this swoopy s.t. to the power line. then up a little climb on the power line to the top then back into the woods. The next few miles are the best...that ridgetop with the rocks, little drops and twisty terrain. Sooo much fun. I can't wait til' my fingers heal from the last time there, so I can get up there and ride it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.