mtbr member
    May 2010

Where to ride in PA

Im 16 and me and a friend what to go on a 1 or 2 day mountainbike trip. I was thinking Pa would be a good place to go. im looking for a good riding place anywhere in PA that you do not have to get a formed sighed by a parent because thay wound be with us on the trip. So more lik places like parks and stuff. I would lik to have a place thats a long trial or if you know of some smaller trials butt one close to eachother to the point i can go to a few on the same day. Hoping for flowing some what fast runs. Just tell me a good place to go. location. website if there is one. and a bit about it. thx a bunch!!

my church is the woods
    ummm....are you hoping for trials? or looking for trails?

Did you ever have ham?

Where to ride in PA

I usually only stay in the NE part of the state so I cannot speak to all of the riding in the state. My favorite place to ride is Moon Lake Park. There are approximately 20-25 miles of riding up there with some incredible single-track trails. Here is the link to a map

http://nepmtba.piczo.com/moonlakemap...linkvar=000044

Another fun place to ride is Frances Slocum State Park which is about a fifteen minute ride from Moon Lake Park. I don't know too many specifics about FS, but I think there are about 6 or 7 miles there. Here is a link to the page about Frances Slocum

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...cesslocum.aspx

Have fun!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    oh. ha trails. sorry

mtbr member
    PM sent
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

ganginwood
    Rather than the search for ultimate gnar gnar, you might want to consider taking English classes this summer. Welcome to the PA forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is that written in English???
    whatever...

mtbr member
    As far as the areas from southeast PA and into the Poconos goes, Jim Thorpe is a great area. Here is a link to a nice trail guide. It's a good place to start.

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Bikin...5446339&sr=8-7

Although you are better off getting a book and planning ahead, there is also a bike shop in Jim Thorpe called Blue Mountain Sports and Wear. As much as I don't like the shop as far as service/parts/bikes go, they have some nice trail guides for sale. Get a book, and ride till your hearts content.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If headed to south central PA, check out Michaux. IMO some of the best riding in the area. Its just a little drive from the Gettysburg Area. Or you might want to check out Rocky Ridge or Lake Redman in York County if heading through that area