mtbr member
    Mar 2007

What's with the politics????

I'm an out of state rider who rides the moon and fransis slocum when visiting the in-laws, about 10 rides a year. I check and post on this forum when I'll be heading down. I've found a lot of good info and leads on this forum.. In my area we have many local groups with different opinions, some are open to sharing all their trails and some keep their trails secret, mostly b/c they are on private land. Either way all the groups and riders come together for trail days, festivals, and now the development of a ride center. The result is trail days with regular turnouts of 30+ people (it does not matter what group is hosting), miles of SKILLFULLY built trails,some of the best riding in the north east. All that being said I can not believe the amount of politics I read on here, I don't know the history but give it a rest come together reach an understanding and spend your energy building and riding trails together. the result will be more trails, better trail work, and more places to ride. I'm coming to town for thanksgiving who wants to ride the moon or anywhere else on friday and sat.?

mtbr member
    ^agreed

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Nice post,

NEPMTBA has a ride on 11/28 at the Moosic mt preserve everyone welcome! NO BS just lot's of fun riding! Your welcome to attend and we will be at the mOOn on Sunday.

NEPMTBA
    RIDE THE MOON

Did you ever have ham?
    Very well said, Murph! I am very glad to hear that you take advantage of everything this area has to offer when you get the chance. I wholeheartedly agree with you, there is way too much politics and BS going on here. I got into this sport because a friend lent me his bike and I had a total ball. Kind of weird when I have fun trying to lug my 350 pound arse up a hill...LOL! I just want to share this great sport with as many people as I can, too bad it seems that other people have different agendas! I hope we get the opportunity to meet and ride when you are in town.